Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Does Anyone Listen To Howard Stern Anymore???

I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan in the 1990s. I lived in Hollywood and was morning manager at a Santa Monica gym and started my shift at 5AM. I would listen to about 45 minutes of the show and always enjoyed my drive to work. The Stern show was so funny back then. I stuck with the show until about the time Jackie Martling left. I always thought Jackie was funny and I even bought his CDs. But around this time, I thought Howard was really tanking and was more of an ass kissing session from his employees towards him. I also never got into getting chicks naked on the radio. One thing I did enjoy was the show on E Channel.

Who listens to Howard Stern now and how do you compare him now to about 15 years ago? Does he still have a lot of listeners?

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Howard who??

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Never listened to him on the radio, but I used to watch him when he was on E!

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Also, do many of you guys have Sirius or XM Radio?

Default HS...

Does Anyone Listen To Howard Stern Anymore?

Used to.... His sense of humor became, well, too repetitive. I think, too, his humor bordered on outright misogyny.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Watched the E show.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I used to watch him on WWOR, channel 9 in New York, about
    30 years ago, when I was much younger, and he was somewhat
    amusing.

But then I grew up.

And he didn't.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

There's no question he's lost a huge amount of audience by going to satellite radio. I used to listen to Stern sometimes, but haven't heard an episode since he went to subscription service.

I've heard rumors he might make a return to commercial public radio, but by now I think he's irrelevant to an entire segment of the radio listening audience.

Ego and greed IMO kicked ol' Howard in the ass a little in terms of his popularity pop cultural appeal.

Junior Poster

They threw him a ton of money to go on the sirius radio but anyone knows internet is the best option to be heard and he could have made more money charging on the internet for his show.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Does Anyone Listen To Howard Stern Anymore???

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet
    I used to be a huge Howard Stern fan in the 1990s. I lived in Hollywood and was morning manager at a Santa Monica gym and started my shift at 5AM. I would listen to about 45 minutes of the show and always enjoyed my drive to work. The Stern show was so funny back then. I stuck with the show until about the time Jackie Martling left. I always thought Jackie was funny and I even bought his CDs. But around this time, I thought Howard was really tanking and was more of an ass kissing session from his employees towards him. I also never got into getting chicks naked on the radio. One thing I did enjoy was the show on E Channel.
    I think that's why I liked Jackie the most because he kissed Howard's ass the least. I didn't listen much after he left either. It just got old.