View Poll Results: Are you for it or against it?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 52.38%
  • No

10 47.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

the rest ot the world wonders if a americans are mad and i think this is confirming their suspicions

live with honour

I think its perfect, if the people of California want to force the so-called christian version of marriage upon everyone else- they should be forced to abide by the entire concept of christian marriage.

This would show how much of a fanatical cult that religion is when followed to the letter of their holy text.

This would mean the following would have to be mandated by law:
    -If a husband marries and finds his wife is not a virgin, he must take her to the front door of her father's home and stone her to death in front of him.

-As with all stonings, participation of the entire village is not optional. If you don't help with the stoning, you will be stoned to death yourself. Not believing in the religion is no excuse either.

-If the husband dies without a male heir, the wife is required to have sex with all his male relatives starting with his next-oldest brother until such an heir is produced. There is nothing in the text to account for her fertility, so if she is sterile this must continue indefinitely.

Etc.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

I voted "Yes".

People should receive the ultimate punishment for their sins, starting with Britney Spears' 55-hour fling.

From then on, anyone who decided to get married would have to think very hard about it, since it is forever. The way things are now, marriage is meaningless - it can be dissolved whenever you want.
    Exactly. The institution of marriage (For people who like to live in institutions) is a universal joke in Western culture. My parents stayed together through thick and thin, throughout a tumultuous twenty-four year relationship because that's how their generation dealt with marriage. To this day I am puzzled that one or the other (Or both, as they each had sufficient reason to do so) never took one of my dad's M-1 parade rifles out of the closet and capped the other. If for no other reason than to experience a quiet, peaceful Sunday morning breakfast.

My 'ex' (A term I use in conversation as it tends to lessen the need for explanation) and I never married, though we had an on-again-off-again relationship for several years that produced a rather remarkable child (Now twenty-two years of age). When someone asked us why we hadn't married we chorused "Our favorite game show is Divorce Court!"

I had seen the never-ending grief of my parents and her dad had experienced more wives than I've had stray cats, so it wasn't a stretch to see that we were both hinky, at best, about marriage. We remain friends and, I'm glad to say, that when our son was old enough to understand these things, he saw that we'd made, for us, the right decision.

A similar feeling is held by the son (About the same age as mine) of the woman I refer to as "TW/The Wife" (A title, not a relationship). One wrecked marriage (With whom she is still friendly, the father of her son) and a couple of close-calls at the altar, and she has seen where this nonsense can lead. When her son commented, over dinner one night, "Mom, stop dating these losers! Why don't you marry him?" I was mortified, but intrigued. After a moment of thought, she looked at me, then at him, and said "I like him too much.".

Really, I wonder how many divorces there would be, percentage-wise, if this nation would get its collective head out of its ass and make marriage available to all people who truly want it.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    I think its perfect, if the people of California want to force the so-called christian version of marriage upon everyone else- they should be forced to abide by the entire concept of christian marriage.

This would show how much of a fanatical cult that religion is when followed to the letter of their holy text.

-If a husband marries and finds his wife is not a virgin, he must take her to the front door of her father's home and stone her to death in front of him.

-As with all stonings, participation of the entire village is not optional. If you don't help with the stoning, you will be stoned to death yourself. Not believing in the religion is no excuse either.

-If the husband dies without a male heir, the wife is required to have sex with all his male relatives starting with his next-oldest brother until such an heir is produced. There is nothing in the text to account for her fertility, so if she is sterile this must continue indefinitely.

Etc.
    LOL Very funny and entertaining, SarahG! They're trying to turn people into penguins!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

They're a bunch of hypocrites who play selective-literacy ganes, screaming for literal interpretations only when it serves their agenda.

They should be forced to put their money where their mouth is, after what they did with Prop8.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm

Explains the contradictions.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm

Explains the contradictions.
    That's ok, there won't be any contradictions- just a steady stream of maddness- after they finish making this twisted revisionist version of the bible.

Somebody should go to a Wal-Mart and steal a bible that would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america

Yes, Chris, this is amazing! I love the idea.

If you fail to see the genius behind this idea, think of the sanctity of marriage statements all over the media. If they want to play hardball like that to keep a percentage of the population down, this is a great way to show the stupidity of the religious right movement.

I hope it passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Christastic
    It would force the anti-gay "pro-marriage" folk to put their money where their mouth is.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

Etc.
    I fall so madly in love with you whenever you say shit like this. Normally, I'd jokingly ask you to marry me, but frankly, I don't want to deal with the repercussions if it goes sour. :P

~BB~