Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rookie Poster

I never had dreamed of committing suicide. So much to do in our short lifespan. Actually, I hate people who try to kill themselves. They don't appreciate the value of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I never had dreamed of committing suicide. So much to do in our short lifespan. Actually, I hate people who try to kill themselves. They don't appreciate the value of life.
    No rant ... but a real comment. Some people actually have an imbalance that is chemical that contributes to depression and at times suicide. To judge those individuals is the same as judging someone who is 7'5" or someone who 4'1". It would be the same as judging a deaf person or a person who has a renal condition.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by brickcitybrother
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    No rant ... but a real comment. Some people actually have an imbalance that is chemical that contributes to depression and at times suicide. To judge those individuals is the same as judging someone who is 7'5" or someone who 4'1". It would be the same as judging a deaf person or a person who has a renal condition.
    yes, an ill-informed remark...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

This is the magicone telling you dont do that shyt, because its better to be alive than to be dead. Nah seriously dont even think about it you hear me?! Shut up with that stupid suicide bullshit.

You know what you need to do? Start a fight with a stranger. Some tough guy in the street. Either he'll knock you back into reality and you'll feel better, or you'll kick his ass and your self confidence will sky-rocket. Its a win win either way. Just dont kill yourself alright

Default Re: Anybody ever tried to commide sucide?

==

Wow first off I would like to say this is my first post. I have watched this board for the last 3 or 4 years and out of all the topics none have motivated me to post before as this one has. So if this is a joke your an ass. This topic hits close to home for me as I have known people that have commited suicide. I myself have dealt with depression throughout my entire life and at one point threated to attempt this horrible act. I have thought about it many times but in the end its a spineless cowardly thing to do. As stated in the other posts its not fair to those around you. The thought of the pain that it would cause my family is 10 times worse than the pain I deal with personally. Some days are good and some days are not, thats just life not just for me but for everyone. If life was easy we'd all be rich and happy but its not. How can one measure pleasure without pain, light without dark, or life without death. I've learned to except pain because feeling pain lets me know that Im still alive. I can go on and on but I won't, just know that what you feel isn't unique to you you are not alone many people share your struggle every second, every breath, every day. Use your pain as a strength to motivate yourself to do better. It takes time and it isnt easy but what is?

Rookie Poster

Hey man, I know what you're up against.

I attempted suicide twice when I was a depressed teenager, many years ago.

I got counseling and medication. With a lot of effort, I was able to get most everything about my life back in order.

I am still on medication and probably will be for the rest of my life. That doesn't bother me, because I'd rather be alive and happy, takking what I call my "crazy pills" every day, instead of constantly depressed as I was - or even dead, as I would have been if I hadn't done something about it.

I know things seem sucky now, but there definitely ARE chemical imbalances which can cause severe depression and even bipolar disorder. Not the "oh, my girlfriend broke up with me" kind of depression, but the massive, overwhelming depression that can tear your life apart. I know - I was there and will be there again if I don't maintain a healthy lifestyle.

My advice: if you are seriously considering suicide on a daily basis, go to your nearest hospital ER and tell them that. You will get a prompt evaluation and some serious treatment to get your life back in order.

Or, as Allanah recommended, just call the National Suicide Hotline. Do something, man - life is too good to end...

Junior Poster

Default Suicide

I've Been Through Some Ugly Stuff In My Own Life And Been In Therapy For About 20 Years. Has It Been The Be All To End All? No. But It Has Helped Direct My Thoughts, Accept Some Things About Myself That I Was Very Confused About And Hooked Me Up With Some Good Shrinks.
    I Take Some Meds That Help Me Out Greatly.They Balance Out Certain Things That I Just Have A Hard Time Controlling.
    You Can Always Go To Your Local ER-They Deal With This All The Time.
    Bite The Bullet And Get Some Help.
    Good Luck.

The Only Men That Play With TGirls Are Real Men

==

Do you want to die? or are you afraid to live? If you want to die, you should get some help. But if you are afraid to live, you should get out and grab life by the balls for a change. Regret is a cancer, and for the last few years, I have tried to live by the motto its better to regret what you do, rather than what you didn't do. Make up a list of 10 things you have always wanted to do, and start doing them. or make a pact with yourself that you will try a new thing every week, and then keep your word to yourself and do it. One of my best friend's favorite expressions is "Can't lives on Won't Street". Many of the things you think you can't do, are really things you won't do. Which means you are in control of them. Take control and get out there and have a life. And if you think your life has no value, look at all the response you got here, from people you were hurtful to. If you are who I think you are, I'm probably the person you hurt the worst here, and even I care.

FK