Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default PSA: Help Ketsana Victims in the Philippines..

MANILA –Hollywood stars called on their fellow Americans to help the victims of tropical storm Ondoy (international codename Ketsana) in the Philippines as they expressed their sympathies to the thousands of affected Filipinos.

Demi Moore wrote in her Twitter account that the Filipino victims are in dire need of assistance. To help, she urged them to call the American Red Cross.

“Typhoon victims in Philippines in dire need of food/clothing. Call the American Red Cross to help. 18004357669,” the “Ghost” star wrote.

Alyssa Milano tweeted the same message and posted an Associated Press article reporting the devastation caused by Ondoy.

International singer Josh Groban , meanwhile, tweeted: “My heart goes out to my friends in the Philippines.”

The death toll from the onslaught of tropical storm Ondoy (international code name Ketsana) rose to 52 as of Sunday noon, the National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) said.

The number of affected people rose to nearly 300,000.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertain...%80%99-victims

__________________________________________________ ___________

This might came a bit late. But I was busy so I'm only posting this now. Better late than never I suppose.

September 28 marked the strongest typhoon ever to have swept and paralyzed the Philippines to date. Heavy torrential rain poured for days and the water rose in just a few minutes, flooding Manila. Some area's, water level rose as high as 2nd story houses in just 12 hours. A lot of lives, livelihood and homes were lost by this devastation.

There's still LOTS to be done and people to help to rebuild their lives. Please help them by donating anything - used clothing, canned foods, water etc. Every little thing adds up.

Thanks for reading.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Professional Poster

Welcome back,beautiful

"She Shakin' It For,Daddy"

Quote Originally Posted by sugdaddie69
    Welcome back,beautiful
    Thank you sugdaddie. :P How have you been? Anything I've missed on here?

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

So true, Hara. Thanks for posting this. I have posted notices on piladyboy in our members area as this has directly affected many of our models, including the beautiful Hershel (and we just shot a huge new set with her just before the typhoon hit). I am happy to say that several members stepped up and made contributions.

Hershel posted about it on her blog: http://asianladyboy.wordpress.com/20...lease-help-me/

Here's what I posted on piladyboy:

We are first of all concerned for our Filipino friends during this time of crisis and encourage all transpinay fans to contribute if and as they can.

There are many ways to donate to help the 1000s suffering from the flooding in the PI. We have donated to the Philippines Flood Disaster Fund* and encourage our members to do the same, or offer their support through Oxfam, Red Cross or other relief agencies.

* http://www.globalgiving.com/projects...-fund/?rf=twtr

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    So true, Hara. Thanks for posting this. I have posted notices on piladyboy in our members area as this has directly affected many of our models, including the beautiful Hershel (and we just shot a huge new set with her just before the typhoon hit). I am happy to say that several members stepped up and made contributions.

Hershel posted about it on her blog: http://asianladyboy.wordpress.com/20...lease-help-me/

Here's what I posted on piladyboy:

We are first of all concerned for our Filipino friends during this time of crisis and encourage all transpinay fans to contribute if and as they can.

There are many ways to donate to help the 1000s suffering from the flooding in the PI. We have donated to the Philippines Flood Disaster Fund* and encourage our members to do the same, or offer their support through Oxfam, Red Cross or other relief agencies.

* http://www.globalgiving.com/projects...-fund/?rf=twtr
    That's just sounds wonderful Ecstatic. You always do good deeds for pinay ladyboys..always a good thing in my book.

You know, some area's still don't got electricity and phone lines back. People lost loved one's and businesses, crops from the terrible floodings (pic two from above is near where I used to live and growing up I never remembered floodings in that area. I am thankful though that people I know and relatives back home are doing ok and far away from any harm.

I hope your pinay tgirl friends are all safe.

~Kisses.

HTG

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Retweeted.

~BB~

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci
    Retweeted.

~BB~
    Thanks! I did the same. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Welcome back,beautiful

~Kisses.

HTG
    Nope..you missed nothing.However i missed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Welcome back,beautiful

~Kisses.

HTG
    Nope..you missed nothing.However i missed you.
    Aww, missed you too baby! I got a bit of time to kill hence I'm here..I'm off til Monday.

~Kisses.

HTG

Hi Ms. Hara,

Long time, no read. Thanx for posting this. Even though your post may be a bit late, such needs are ever present. The world came to our (US) aid during the time of Katrina (From which the City of New Orleans is still struggling to recover) and it is not unreasonable that we should repay that karma in this time of need for the Philippines and her neighbors.

The American Red Cross (And its sister organization in the Middle East, Red Crescent) knows no borders, religion, ethnicity, or politics. All it sees is the plight of those in need during times of disaster. Though I've had some lean times in recent months, I am not so poor that I can ignore these calls for donations. Anyone with a thousand dollar box on their desk and a cable connection has little reason to shirk as well. No amount, however modest, is turned away.

E, thanx for posting Hershel's link. I sent a small donation her way to help with drying out her things and rebuilding her life. That she still had a smile on her face, while standing hip-deep in floodwaters, shows a positive spirit that should be nurtured.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell