Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tried it once while getting fucked in the ass. It was the most amazing orgasm I had, but had a major headache afterwards.

Junior Poster

Doesn't it kill massive amounts of brain cells?

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

A few girls I've been with used them. They all said the same thing that was stated in the Wikipedia article: their orgasms were more intense.

I've never used the stuff though. I refuse to do any drug.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    Never used them myself (regular old orgasms are fine with me) but here is a link with more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppers
    did anyone else scroll down this page and notice that you can get an AIDS-related cancer called Kaposi's Sarcoma from insertive anal rimming !

and that's why the cubs will never win the series

Junior Poster

i hate the head ache. i got it just from watching my date do it.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Poppers any one use it?

Quote Originally Posted by bat1
    I been using RUSH since the 80's and love using it

just wondering if many use it?
    Oh, Hell yeah! I LOVE Rush!

Saw them in Toronto in '86.

A modern-day warrior
    Mean, mean stride,
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    Mean mean pride.

Quote Originally Posted by blonde_sweetheart
    What are poppers??
    roasted jalapeno peppers filled w/ cheese

Quote Originally Posted by kmod
    I used to work at a major adult retailer here and those things sold more than condoms. 10x more easily.
    Technically they're "Room deodorizers".
    also seen it marketed as Locker Room and "video head cleaner"

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva

Hell no, I hate that guy...nothing but a blowhard windbag.
    Generates huge ratings (and as a result, an obscene salary) by stirring up shit that preys on the fears and prejudices of the weak minded and uninformed

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade
    A few girls I've been with used them. They all said the same thing that was stated in the Wikipedia article: their orgasms were more intense.
    yes, and longer too. Did it once in conjunction w/ a fine cognac and some tasty hashish and boy howdy, that climax lasted about 5 minutes...or so it seemed anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Herkyalert
    Doesn't it kill massive amounts of brain cells?
    Hey, what doesn't ? Don't think it's too good for the heart either. Remember reading somewhere that's what killed Peter Sellers
    From the Urban Dictionary:

locker room

Older slang term for Amyl or Butyl nitrate, which used to be sold in sex shops, so-named probably because some people find the chemical has an odor slightly akin to dirty socks. Also called "rush" or "popper." The chemical causes a sudden and dramatic expansion of the blood vessels, creating an intense rush, often followed by a feeling of light-headedness. Often used at raves, and in dancehalls/discos. Very popular with gay men, to increase the intensity of the orgasm.
    Been afraid to use it since my heart attack about 10 years ago, but, it'll definitely put some lead in yer pencil, no doubt about it, it's a Rush

the Meek shall inherit the Earth....the Rest of Us will go to the Stars

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EZWind
    Quote Originally Posted by jcinva

Hell no, I hate that guy...nothing but a blowhard windbag.
    Generates huge ratings (and as a result, an obscene salary) by stirring up shit that preys on the fears and prejudices of the weak minded and uninformed

Nice! I missed that one completely!

Veteran Poster

Actually, it's a vasodialor and shouldn't cause any problems after a heart attack unless you're already taking some form of extended release nitrate such as Isosorbide Mononitrate and your BP can drop too low momentarly. Traditionally, a sister compound called amyl nitrate used to be sold in ampules and used like sublingual nitroglycerine for chest angina. Isobutyl or butyl nitrate have been the street legal versions of amyl nitrate. The FDA doesn't seem to be bothered even though it's sold as a headcleaner. They don't appear to have the longer lasting effects of amyl nitrate. Rush just gives you a slight buzz and a hotflash with some muscle relaxing effects. Unless you're an anal orgasmic bottom and can feel the O building, it's no big deal for O intensification. The vasodialation effect does help relax muscles in small hits. Surprisingly, it does seem to be very effecticve for GG's get into their minds into the zone, but it's virtually unknown among straight GG's since the disco era. Too bad as it has some fantastic potential for sexually dysfunctional GG's that can't get their head there, but you'll never hear the Berman sisters recommending it on Oprah.

Regarding Karposi's and autoimune disorders. The studies were correlation studies and no more substantive then the classic babies/stork population. Just because it's use was very common within the gay community, there's naturally going to be a correlation w/ those that contracted aids. By the same token, these individuals also probably better groomed then the general male population. Does being finely groomed contribute to karposi's or HIV? These prejudital and derogatory conclusions are no more valid then the Gay Bowel Disorder diagnosis. You're not breathing this stuff continuously, just a few hits. By the same reasoning, hundreds of thousands of men that used amyl nitrate ampules for chest pain years ago didn't create a statistic for Karposi's even though it's quite common in the elderly in the random population and the correlation could have been easily drawn among elderly coronary patients years ago. There is a link between solvents such as tolulene and other aromatics and a depressed immune system such as people that used to work in paint factories and breathed these solvents all day long. This isn't the case here. Several hits once or twice a week enough for a rush is insignificant.

Re the headaches. Any nitrate vasodiator is capable of doing that. Take a sublingual nitro tablet or have some transdermal nitro applied to your skin under a patch and you might get a headache. Handling old dynamite or the sawdust it's packed in will do the same.

I'm not advocating the use of inhalable nitrates by anyone. They were considered safe by the medical community for chest pain management years ago and probably are still are available. It is a good thing however to look into the facts and available unbiased research before drawing a conclusion from the moral panic homophobic hearsay of the late 80's and early 90's.