Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default The Hypocrosy Of It All....

I have been outspoken about this before on this board. Men on this board who support political parties and political candidates that damage the LGBT community and try to deny LGBT people rights.

Of course this is a much broader problem that extends way beyond the ts world.

Everyone on here should see Outrage
    http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/outrage/index.html

An excellent HBO documentary that dissects politicians who have voted against LGBT rights, AIDS funding, and several other issues- YET have been caught in gay sex scandals or are completely in the closet.

I don't have a problem with being in the closet, because that it a personal issue. I DO have a BIG problem with working against, damaging, and trying to silence and oppress the very same community you are a part of.

Thoughts?

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Rookie Poster

It's just plain foolish. Unfortunately, most politicians are in the game for personal gain and they don't care who they hurt, even if they are from the same group they are hurting.

Junior Poster

i am glad you have spoken up about this Allanah
    this goes on everywhere even in my country

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

I only have one thing to say on the matter: voters should never vote for a candidate based on a single issue unless that issue overshadows their entire campaign.

For instance, had John McCain not sold out to the religious right in desperation I would have voted for him. While that may seem like a single issue, it's not because it involves the influence of an establishment that would like to do much more than just bash trannies.

~BB~

Veteran Poster

I'm just gonna say I'm constantly surprised when I hear members on here supporting politicians and political parties that use fear of LGBTG to further their careers/party goals. It seems so strange to me that tranny chasers, or admirers or whatever you're most comfortable with, would support people who would keep them and their "objects of affection" marginalized and demagogued.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer

Quote Originally Posted by raybbaby
    It seems so strange to me that tranny chasers, or admirers or whatever you're most comfortable with, would support people who would keep them and their "objects of affection" marginalized and demagogued.
    Umm... Ray honey? The girls marginalize themselves and each other too - they simply don't need a politician to do it for them. Many are just complacent or satisfied enough with the status quo that they don't want to take any risks to improve the situation. For a bunch of women fighting for acceptance, their activism generally falls mighty short when their money or lifestyle is threatened.

~BB~

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci
    I only have one thing to say on the matter: voters should never vote for a candidate based on a single issue unless that issue overshadows their entire campaign.

For instance, had John McCain not sold out to the religious right in desperation I would have voted for him. While that may seem like a single issue, it's not because it involves the influence of an establishment that would like to do much more than just bash trannies.

~BB~
    I am not sure how relevant this is to this discussion because this is not about a particular political party or voting. This has to do with politicians
    or people who work within parties that try to oppress the same community they are part of.

There are gay republicans out there- i.e. Log Cabin Repuplicans and there are republicans who support LGBT issues out there- and there are democrats who don't.

This is not about that.

It just so happens that the majority of these kinds of individuals who have been involved in these kind of scandals, who have fought FIERCELY against LGBT issues are mostly members of the Republican party.

The issue here is the truth. Plain and simple.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci

~BB~
    I am not sure how relevant this is to this discussion because this is not about a particular political party or voting. This has to do with politicians
    or people who work within parties that try to oppress the same community they are part of.

There are gay republicans out there- i.e. Log Cabin Repuplicans and there are republicans who support LGBT issues out there- and there are democrats who don't.

This is not about that.

It just so happens that the majority of these kinds of individuals who have been involved in these kind of scandals, who have fought FIERCELY against LGBT issues are mostly members of the Republican party.

The issue here is the truth. Plain and simple.
    Sorry I didn't address your entire point, which is extremely valid. I was responding to this statement mostly:

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarr
    I have been outspoken about this before on this board. Men on this board who support political parties and political candidates that damage the LGBT community and try to deny LGBT people rights.
    ~BB~

Default Re: The Hypocrosy Of It All....

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

Of course this is a much broader problem that extends way beyond the ts world.

Everyone on here should see Outrage
    http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/outrage/index.html

An excellent HBO documentary that dissects politicians who have voted against LGBT rights, AIDS funding, and several other issues- YET have been caught in gay sex scandals or are completely in the closet.

I don't have a problem with being in the closet, because that it a personal issue. I DO have a BIG problem with working against, damaging, and trying to silence and oppress the very same community you are a part of.

Thoughts?
    I'm all for gay marriage and getting rid of Bill Clinton's abominable "don't ask don't tell" policy, but I dispute that there is any such thing as a LGBT "community".

Unfortunately certain in-betweeners try to get the transgender umbrella tagging along as the unwelcome stepchild of gays and lesbians. The fact is that gays generally are less tolerant of transsexuals than the average person. Also, gender identity is not the same as sexual orientation, so why confuse the unenlightened population further by marching under the same marxist banners?

Successful transsexual women who transition and fit in have no need to be marching in the streets and screaming with the hairy bears and dykes on bikes. Rough looking shemales, and the gayboys with boobs, who sell cock and ass to closeted queers are another story, however. Perhaps they do have a natural affinity for the gay community. But like Barney Frank said today, all the protesters do with their obnoxious demonstrations is put pressure on the grass.

The first thing they should do is to try to hold politicians, like Obama, who say one thing and do another, to their promises.

LOL at Phobun.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!