Silver Poster

Default OT: Armageddon 2012

Is this another Y2K scare? People have been linking all these recent natural disasters to this upcoming event.

Junior Poster

sorry to be the one to break the bad news but yes indeed on 12/21/2012, the world is ending as we know it

Every day is the end of the world as we know it.

No day is exactly like the day before it.

The Maya calender resets on 12/12/12, it doesn't end on 12/12/12.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

IDK Sarah ... my days are pretty routine. W/ the exeption of the events at my cousins house , things are the same for me everyday.

well someday it will be the end of the world as we know it. and then, much later, it'll just be THE END of the world (like, when the sun dies or something. hopefully we'll have colonized other systems by then)

the huge meteor that fell 65 million years ago marked the end of the world as the dinosaurs know it, and "lesser" species were the ones who survived and evolved.

who knows what will happen to the world in this same scale, while we are still in it? it has happened many times before and will certainly happen at least once again.

whether it is in 12/12/12 we don't know.
    personally i don't think cataclysms tend to announce themselves, but on the other hand, look at how we've been doing a great job at destroying the planet by ourselves.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

It’s all too true. Richard Feyman, the world renown physicist (now dead), was the first to decipher the Mayan calendar. He discovered the base six code the held the secret of Earth’s final days. Simply put, the modern number system with it’s infinitely many “numbers” is a mere invention. All those numbers are just so much smoke and mirrors. The Mayans knew that in reality there are only so many numbers, and consequently there can only be so many days. If there were one more day than the maximum number of numbers, then the entire multi-universe, time and space, would be caught in a devastating paradox, throwing it into a superposition of singular states; it would be sucked into itself and vanish. Ouch! Luckily for us, there are just the right number of days and no more. Thankfully, the universe will just simply cease to exist when the days run out, on 12/12/12.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

It will be ok , the universe needs a reboot.