Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ghandi, the Dali Lama, and Mother Teresa?? Did you want to say something bad about puppies and apple pie too?

FK

Junior Poster

mmppfff....
    I hope that this is just a way to start another discussion and that u don't really think what u wrote

Rookie Poster

No, he believes most of it......... I've seen his bullshit on here before. He's not even the athiest he claims to be, because obviously he thinks of himself as God. J, if you want to post shit like this about someone, at least provide us with real and comprehensive scholarship to back yourself up.

Junior Poster

BILL CLINTON IS AN ASSHOLE!!

(oh, sorry, I thought we were piling on)

Junior Poster

Can somebody toss me a beer while I pop some popcorn?

This is gonna be worth watching!

I can hear the click and hiss of the flamethrowers already.

No, what you've got are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty of them I will no longer be standing, because if I am then you will all be dead before you can reload.

Ax grinding to the left, please.

One note: it would do little good to ask Tibetans how they feel about the Chinese vs. the traditional Tibetan government today, for at least three reasons:

1) There are now more Chinese transplanted to Tibet than there are Tibetans (6 million Tibetans to 7.5 million mostly Han Chinese, though it is difficult to ascertain the actual count).

2) It has been nearly fifty years since the Chinese "liberated" Tibet, so those who remember the previous government are but a small percentage of the population.

3) There is no Tibet: when the Chinese government speaks of Tibet, they are talking about the TAR (Tibetan Autonomous Region), which comprises less than half of Tibet and was created by China in 1965 for administrative reasons. The remaining half has been merged with other Chinese regions.

*Tosses beer to Shandus before opening his own*

*Pulls up a chair and relaxes while waiting for the fireworks*

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

5 Star Poster

Oh man...

I didn't even want to comment on this.

But then I thought...fuck it.

So J, just to piss you off, here are some more Ghandi quotes:

Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts.

Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.

If we want to cultivate a true spirit of democracy we cannot afford to be intolerant. Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause.

I claim that human mind or human society is not divided into watertight compartments called social, political and religious. All act and react upon one another.

However much I may sympathise with and admire worthy motives, I am an uncompromising opponent of violent methods even to serve the noblest of causes.

For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion.

My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of realising Him.

It is any day better to stand erect with a broken and bandaged head then to crawl on one's belly, in order to be able to save one's head.

Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents never revenges itself.

Truth is by nature self-evident, as soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.

Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.

Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.

Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

As for apple pie, I wouldn't class it with Ghandi or Mother Teresa, Felicia. Especially when it's not been dusted with cinammon or is served without custard or vanilla ice cream. Kind of dry, I find. And once it gave me the runs.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Junior Poster

Well quoted, LG.

*motions to Quinn*

Hey, the show is starting!

No, what you've got are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty of them I will no longer be standing, because if I am then you will all be dead before you can reload.