Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bangkok and Phuket

So its decided!!! I'm going to spend my holidays 4 days in Bangkok and 4 days in phuket. My only problem is that I'm a little worried that me being african-american will effect who I get. I called ahead and talked to a few girls, and they didnt mind. One did tho; she said blacks are too big Someone tell me...am I wasting my time and money by going? i'm not sure how we are percieved in that part of the world.

Default Re: Bangkok and Phuket

Quote Originally Posted by mac.B
    So its decided!!! I'm going to spend my holidays 4 days in Bangkok and 4 days in phuket. My only problem is that I'm a little worried that me being african-american will effect who I get. I called ahead and talked to a few girls, and they didnt mind. One did tho; she said blacks are too big Someone tell me...am I wasting my time and money by going? i'm not sure how we are percieved in that part of the world.
    lol the stereotype
    i don't know if i can help you but i was there with my ex bf (He's African) and we had a good time, we were in Bangkok, there is a lot of tourist and TG everywhere ! You don't waste your time and money going there u gonna have fun BUT yes there is much better places to go
    Hope u gonna have more response...
    Good Luck

Professional Poster tommymageeshemales2's Avatar

You're perceived like everyone else who's not Thai/Thai Chinese or from other South East Asian countries.

And you'll be REceived with the same Thai hospitality in your hotel, when you go out to eat and if you meet some girls.

Go! Oh, and have a great time.

Junior Poster

Enjoy what you have today...for we know not what tomorrow holds

Feel a lot better people. Thank you all for your input. Cant w8 to go!!! What better places are you talking about tho Angie?

Junior Poster

Default Re: Bangkok and Phuket

My friend Ron who is black goes to Thailand fairly often. He has quite a sexual appetite and always has fun there. He's had fun in Vietnam, Hong Kong and wherever else I don't remember.

I'm guessing it's like anywhere else different people have different preferences. This reminds me of something I found funny back when I worked at Northrop Grumman, I was totally head over heals with a black co-worker. A redneck coworker admitted she was attractive but said he would never be with a black woman no matter what. Yet his white wife was completely unattractive in my eyes. I told him he was nuts.

So go and have fun. I may take a trip there soon.

Rookie Poster

To Mac:

You have nothing to worry about in either BKK or Phuket.

Smile, act like a guest, and you'll be treated very well.

There are tourists who come over here and think every Thai exists solely to serve the tourists' every whim.

You won't have fun if you are thought to be condescending

By the way, not every girl in every bar will go with every guy. So if a girl does say no, just move on.
    There are some girls who do have their own preferences and I say this a decent looking middle aged white guy who has been rejected for no apparent reason.
    If you are in Nana Plaza and it happens, just remember there are another 300 girls within 100 yards of where you are standing. )

BTW, feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about your trip.

One suggestion: Book a hotel now, especially for Phuket, that has a 100% refundable cancellation policy until 7 to 14 days prior to your stay. That ensures you have a room in case they sell out as your visit will be in the peak of high season.

Then, as it gets closer, keep checking to see if there are better deals you can take advantage of.

PFP

Feel a lot better people. Thank you all for your input. Cant w8 to go!!! What better places are you talking about tho Angie?
    City very concrete, Bangkok seems unappealing at first glance. But we must dare to venture into the urban jungle to discover the gems that the city provides. Largest religious center of Thailand, Bangkok has about 400 temples and monasteries!

Both prepare its circuit upstream to visit the most interesting sites. The city is divided into several districts: Ko Ratanakosin, Banglamphu and Chinatown to the most important.
    To move, the Thai use voice waterways. Both imitate the boat is the means of transportation more convenient and faster to browse the various monuments. A true city of water, life revolves around the Chao Phraya river and a canal network serving virtually all of the ville.Vous appreciate the contrast between the city very noisy and busy and calm in the Within the various temples.

The area houses the Ko Ratanakosin most famous sites in Bangkok. If arriving by river, you can not miss the old royal residence, the Grand Palace and Wat Phra especially Kaeo roof orange and green. It houses the Emerald Buddha, small in size but huge in the veneration of Thais.
    Right side is Wat Pho, the temple has the largest reclining Buddha and the largest collection of Buddhas from Thailand. Wat Mahathat is home to the famous Buddhist university. Education is also open to foreigners. You can walk a few moments in the market for amulets that offers a wide variety of talismans.

Opposite Wat Arun was the third most sacred temple in Bangkok. Its tower, Khmer style of 82 m high, is covered in broken Chinese porcelain colorful.

Turn on the opposite shore and contemplate the spiritual symbol of the city, Lak Meuang (pillar of the city). Built of wood in 1782 upon the creation of new capital, it is a very good reference for tourists ... in addition to its protective power in Bangkok.

Go towards the east to reach the quarter Banglamphu. You can not miss the Democracy Monument, which commemorates the transition from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy.
    The hill you see is actually a pile of ruins of an ancient temple. It's called the Golden Mountain, the temple is attached is Wat Saket (Temple of the Golden Mount). You will probably glimpsed in the distance a large red arch just behind the temple. It makes a huge swing, Sao Ching-Cha, who served the monks for a ritual of swinging to grab bags of gold set above the portico. Opposite Wat Suthat houses one of the largest bronze Buddha from the Sukhothai era.

Go towards the east to reach the quarter Banglamphu. You can not miss the Democracy Monument, which commemorates the transition from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy.
    The hill you see is actually a pile of ruins of an ancient temple. It's called the Golden Mountain, the temple is attached is Wat Saket (Temple of the Golden Mount). You will probably glimpsed in the distance a large red arch just behind the temple. It makes a huge swing, Sao Ching-Cha, who served the monks for a ritual of swinging to grab bags of gold set above the portico. Opposite Wat Suthat houses one of the largest bronze Buddha from the Sukhothai era.

A little further north, you arrive at the Dusit district and its pleasant park. It brings together such monuments Vimanmek Palace, the Royal Museum of elephants or the National Assembly.

Benchamabophit Wat is a temple constructed entirely of marble from Carrara in the late nineteenth century. 53 trace the Buddhas different architectural styles of Thailand.

Farther south, it's Chinatown, which reveals its treasures. Although overcrowded, exhausting, it offers little surprises like Wat Mangkon Kamalawat and its labyrinth of tunnels or Traimit Wat (Temple of Golden Buddha) and his beautiful solid gold Buddha 3 m high.

Cross the main street to reach the house of Jim Thompson. You'll learn that this brilliant architect, in addition to having developed the silk trade in Thailand in the world, has collected numerous works of Asian art.

On this side, the city is much more modern: the business district. But scattered monuments recall the history of Thailand. This is the case of Sri Mariamman Temple built by Tamil immigrants in the nineteenth or the Wang Suan Phakkat Palace, former residence of princess passion for art.

Small bonus if you have time: Go have a look at the snake farm in Bangkok. This property, occupied by a research center of the Red Cross, is developing antidotes from venomous snakes. You can attend the extraction of venom and meal of snakes, but by far ...

Namely: to visit the temples, a decent place is required so that you must remove your shoes to enter the holy places.
    So, cover your shoulders and your legs and opt for shoes that are easily removed.

About the clubs i can't help you cause i was jealous to those pretty girls who looked to my man and wanted to invite him in the bar GRRRRRRRR loool

Thank you guys, I mean that sincerely. I very much appreciate your help.

You Welcome
    Have Fun