Page 1 of 40 12345611 ... LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default An outsider watching the US health care debate

I haven't seen everything on this topic....but what I have seen on the news scares the shit out of me. Seriously...when did helping those less privileged turn into Obama being Hitler? You have some incredibly uninformed people down there.

Who knows...maybe it was like that when our universal health care was introduced....but I don't think people were called Hitler.

Gotta say folks, I hope you guys do find your way. I went to the hospital twice last month for poison ivy. Didn't spend 1 red cent there.

Bring on the flame!!

Rookie Poster

so if you did not pay for the care, who did?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rocko
    Oh you. I see what you did there. Yes I did pay for a portion with my taxes. But I'd rather pay a portion in taxes than paying $800+. And then everyone gets to take advantage of it. Good idea no?

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jaycanuck
    Oh you. I see what you did there. Yes I did pay for a portion with my taxes. But I'd rather pay a portion in taxes than paying $800+. And then everyone gets to take advantage of it. Good idea no?

Purgamentum verbatim ad nauseum...

Rookie Poster

You have more faith in government than I do.

Default Re: An outsider watching the US health care debate

Quote Originally Posted by jaycanuck
    I haven't seen everything on this topic....but what I have seen on the news scares the shit out of me. Seriously...when did helping those less privileged turn into Obama being Hitler? You have some incredibly uninformed people down there.

Who knows...maybe it was like that when our universal health care was introduced....but I don't think people were called Hitler.

Gotta say folks, I hope you guys do find your way. I went to the hospital twice last month for poison ivy. Didn't spend 1 red cent there.

Bring on the flame!!

Wow...$800 for some Calamine Lotion !! (J/K...well a little anyway)

Professional Poster

Default Re: An outsider watching the US health care debate

Quote Originally Posted by fred41
    Wow...$800 for some Calamine Lotion !! (J/K...well a little anyway)
    Well...that was a stab in the dark. I saw a sign saying that if I didn't have my health card, a hospital visit was 400+. Add on the doctor's fee...

Veteran Poster

There is an incredible amount of time and effort being exerted to keep people uninformed, misinformed, and downright terrified. The insurance lobby(ies) are spending an estimated 1.4 million $ a day to keep this from moving forward. I know its amazing to see people on TV protesting the fact that their government wants to get everyone health care. They have had all kinds of mis-information shoveled on them, and they are in fact terrified. And you can't count on corporate media to set the record straight. It all makes for exciting viewing, and creates the illusion that there is some kind of near split on the issue in this country. In truth, 77% of Americans support a "public option", so put to direct vote, it would win in a landslide. This is a great example of whose wants are being served, rather than the needs of the citizens. And hey, if it works out to be a bad idea, it can't be any harder to get out of than Iraq!

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer

Junior Poster

You have more faith in government than I do.
    Then why stay in your country, if you live in mistrust? Go see how health care works in Sweden and France, and you will see how much goodness it brings for those with or without money.

Purgamentum verbatim ad nauseum...

Rookie Poster

social security is broke. medicare is broke. U.S. postal system is broke. goverment is trillions of dollars in debt. What makes anyone think that they can run a health care program any better?

"why stay in you country if you live in mistrust" I don't live in mistrust. I just have no faith in goverment, which works out fine for me because I don't rely on government.