Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried
    Okay, I'm confused. Why would being a Stones fan preclude anyone from being a Beatles fan, or vice versa?
    Beatles = overated whiny pop

Stones = timeless classic rock

Veteran Poster

Okay, I'm confused. Why would being a Stones fan preclude anyone from being a Beatles fan, or vice versa?
    I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't be a fan of one band and not the other but usually you have your people in the Beatles camp and you have your people in Stones camp. I prefer the Stones more. They're funky, bad-ass and knew how to groove. Plus they have Keith Richards!

That said, there's a lot of Beatle songs that I like and will probably pick up one or two of the remastered CD's as they're supposed to be incredible sounding. I won't deny the Beatles their greatness.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

The Beatles #1s CD is enough for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Junior Poster

EDDIE HAZEL IS GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Anne
    You're so young :P
    Well, actually, I'm 58 years old. I watched the "British invasion" happen, & animosity between the nuance of genre wasn't there. There was no FM radio in the consumer market. Hell, consumer stereo was new. There were no niche stations outside the major markets. You'd hear Patsy Cline, the Drifters, the Beatles, Johnny Cash, Jan & Dean, Jackie Wilson, the Stones, Marty Robbins, & Doris Day all mixed up on the same station. Where I grew up, we only needed 3 buttons on the car radio. At night, we could pick up KOMA out of OKC over the skips. Wolfman Jack out of Del Rio too, but he sucked big time. He was just selling albums mail-order, never shut up, & never played more than a 30 second clip of any song.

There were ignorant pundits then as there are now, & they tried to create some "culture war" between the "Mods" & the "Rockers", but that didn't pan out. They all had the same influences. Guys like Bill Haley, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Ike Turner, Hank Williams, & a whole raft of do-woppers, Grand ol' Opry, rockabilly, swing, jazz, & blues people. Blues especially, because there was a big blues revival going on in the UK in the late '50s & early '60s.

Sorry, but I just don't understand. It's all rock n' roll. & beyond! Music isn't a competition. You like what you like. Personally, I developed a taste for freeform jazz, but sometimes it gets dissonant to the point where it's like chewing aluminum foil, so I can see why the audience is small. I'm a fan of both the Beatles & the Stones. (They're still the Rolling Stones by the way, but my generation shortened it to a single syllable.) I was a fan of both the Beatles & the Stones back then, as were just about all my peers. As far as I know, all those peers are still fans of both bands too. I don't know where this either/or thing comes from. It didn't come from us.

You're ALL so young. :P

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Good music is timeless. It evokes an emotional reaction ... like when you hear a song years later and you remember the first time you heard it and how you felt. Good music , good friends just hanging out , your first kiss ... a song can bring back alot of memories.

Veteran Poster

I was curious so I stopped off after work and picked up the White Album and it sounds fucking incredible. Just an awesome sonic upgrade over the original CD's. Don't hesitate to jump aboard the hype train.

Junior Poster

Default Re: The Beatles...............

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    As a Stones fan I hope I don't disrespect you true Beatles heads, but has anyone noticed the INCREDIBLE amount of Beatles shit being produced since MJ's death?!?

9/9/09 seems to be publicized as a Beatles Worldwide Holiday as far as companies selling shit related to the group.
    the Incredible amount of beatles stuff being released has been planned as far back as last year, before MJ's death. That was without prior knowledge of MJ's death. if that's what you meant lol.