Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

i used to have t-mobile, they had crappy connection quality...i have verizon now, they r a lot better...altho more expensive

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Under RealID, once you move to another state you need some kind of formal utility bill (can be a phone bill) to prove residency to get a new DL... there are other ways to prove residency but its the only way thats cheap, fast, and easy.

It can be very difficult to prove residency without a proper bill (of some kind) on paper showing you get important mail at your new address.

I went through this the last time I moved, it was a pain in the ass- I ended up having to go to the local town hall (which, incidentally, takes longer than the dmv usually does) to get a nortorized writ of residency (which cost something but I don't recall what it was), and then I had to take that to the dmv to get my new DL. If I had gotten a phone bill or an electric bill in my name, on paper, it would have saved me a few hours and whatever the notarization fee was.

Maybe I'm missing something Sarah but every online bill payment I deal with offers the option to download a copy of your bill?? ATT, Time Warner, ConEd etc....

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickFromNYC
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Under RealID, once you move to another state you need some kind of formal utility bill (can be a phone bill) to prove residency to get a new DL... there are other ways to prove residency but its the only way thats cheap, fast, and easy.

It can be very difficult to prove residency without a proper bill (of some kind) on paper showing you get important mail at your new address.

I went through this the last time I moved, it was a pain in the ass- I ended up having to go to the local town hall (which, incidentally, takes longer than the dmv usually does) to get a nortorized writ of residency (which cost something but I don't recall what it was), and then I had to take that to the dmv to get my new DL. If I had gotten a phone bill or an electric bill in my name, on paper, it would have saved me a few hours and whatever the notarization fee was.

Maybe I'm missing something Sarah but every online bill payment I deal with offers the option to download a copy of your bill?? ATT, Time Warner, ConEd etc....
    Here's the problem- to prove residency you need to show that the bill was MAILED to your new address as a way of saying "I live here and I get important mail here"

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all