Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Disney Buying Marvel for $4 Billion!

http://money.aol.com/article/disney-...billion/647124

AP
    posted: 1 HOUR 38 MINUTES AGOPrintShareText SizeAAALOS ANGELES (Aug. 31) - The Walt Disney Co. said Monday it is acquiring Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing characters like Iron Man and Spider-Man into the family of Mickey Mouse and WALL-E.
    Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters. Many of them, including favorites such as the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, were co-created by the comic book legend Stan Lee.
    Disney said Marvel shareholders will receive $30 per share in cash, plus 0.745 Disney shares for every Marvel share they own. That values each Marvel share at $50 based on Friday's closing stock prices.
    Marvel shares jumped $10.09, or 26 percent, to $48.74 in trading before the market opened. Disney shares fell 70 cents, or 2.6 percent, to $26.14.
    Disney said the boards of both companies have approved the transaction, but it will require an antitrust review and the approval of Marvel shareholders.
    Disney CEO Robert Iger said the acquisition combines Marvel's "strong global brand and world-renowned library of characters" with Disney's "unparalleled global portfolio of entertainment properties" and ability to maximize value across multiple platforms and territories.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Was Marvel having financial troubles or something? That sucks!

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Oh well , there goes the neighborhood.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Default Re: Disney Buying Marvel for $4 Billion!

When I was a little kid, there were four big cartoon entities (Disney, Looney Tunes, Marvel, and DC) and one of them was always evil to me.... Disney. That pompous little mouse who seemed to mellow out to be some Christian do-gooder after his Steamboat Willie days always got on my nerves. Bugs Bunny had such powerful humour. Mickey Mouse was just boring, like watching my grandmother play mah jongg.

I never could see Disney sucking up Marvel. What's next? DC? Looney Tunes?

Junior Poster

I swear if I see a Wolverine Micky mouse team-up. I'm
    gonna fucking rage. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by kalina
    When I was a little kid, there were four big cartoon entities (Disney, Looney Tunes, Marvel, and DC) and one of them was always evil to me.... Disney. That pompous little mouse who seemed to mellow out to be some Christian do-gooder after his Steamboat Willie days always got on my nerves. Bugs Bunny had such powerful humour. Mickey Mouse was just boring, like watching my grandmother play mah jongg.

Mah Jong is actually pretty sweet. LoL...but I don't like Disney. I always got the feeling that Disney was a little bit racist.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bte

Mah Jong is actually pretty sweet. LoL...but I don't like Disney. I always got the feeling that Disney was a little bit racist.
    Looney Tunes was, too, but they've "cleaned up their act" by no longer releasing the racist cartoons and editing familiar episodes of Bugs Bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by bte

Looney Tunes was, too, but they've "cleaned up their act" by no longer releasing the racist cartoons and editing familiar episodes of Bugs Bunny.
    Yeah I forgot about Looney Tunes, but it was nothing on the scale of Disney. Let's just hope that DC doesn't get taken over by Disney. I bet that in the near future we will see a CGI movie of some Marvel character, since Disney is known for doing CGI movies.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

And i was hoping for a Marvel Zombies animated feature ... but now that Marvel is in the House of Mouse , i dont think it will happen.