Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalina
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Escalade
    Even though those old Looney Tunes cartoons could get racist, they were still the best. I know all of you would recognize at least ONE character below...and the episode they appeared in!

I too hope they don't "Disney-fy" the Marvel comics.
    I've seen all these characters except the green martian.
    His name is Yob. Accidentally sent to an Earth family by the "Space Stork"(?). He was an inventor and freaked out his human parents, until they got their own son back.

"Strangers In The Night, Exchanging Clothing, Strangers In My Pants..."

Well Warner Bros acquired DC waaay back in 1969, yet the early 70s saw the release of Jack Kirby's Fourth World series which, while often imitated, have never been equalled.

I doubt that Disney cares much about the comics per se; they are already appealing to about as large a market as they can (everyone who's into comics is into comics already). It's the movies that Disney wants, given the huge success of Spider-Man, Iron Man, and others.

Veteran Poster

Wow. Well you guys better buy that memorabilia and other products now. Once its in Disney's control they will hold on to it tighter than a dolphins asshole. It will be put away in there vault until they are ready to sell it. At a premium price of course. Convenient how that works out for them... cause it could have gone either way

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

For the record this is how shitty Disney is. Now Buena Vista (owned by Disney) actually owns the rights to the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons from the 90's. They just released bare bones episode of X-Men from the 90's. No retransfer or anything just a lazy ass job to one of the best cartoons of the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Somewhere the cryogenically frozen head of Walt Disney is cracking a smile.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69
    For the record this is how shitty Disney is. Now Buena Vista (owned by Disney) actually owns the rights to the X-Men and Spiderman cartoons from the 90's. They just released bare bones episode of X-Men from the 90's. No retransfer or anything just a lazy ass job to one of the best cartoons of the 90's.
    The Spectacular Spider-Man and Wolverine and the Xmen from recent years were pretty good. I don't think the second seasons of spectacular spider-man aired in the US though.

No Gods, No Kings, Only man

Professional Poster

*shudders*

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

They wont fuck with Marvel after they buy it. I'm sure it will be run as a separate entity. Its worth to much to go and start changing things since I'm sure they know how much fan boys spend and that they are very picky with how they like their comics and movies. Its not like this is the first thing Disney has purchased, Miramax and Espn run with little interference as do a lot of the other companies they own. I do think this sounds like a terrible movie plot.

Junior Poster

Very smart move by Disney. They have now addressed an area that Disney has been always weak in--young boys. Disney has a shelf life that usually expires in young boys around Power Ranger age 8+. Now they got instant sex appeal in that particular demographic.

I've always admired Disney's animation division. Even if I didn't care for the subject matter, their toons have always been beautiful with top shelf voice acting. Now imagine Pixar jumping on Spidey, the FF, Avengers or gawd help us Howard the Duck. Imagine a regular Ghost Rider series with Disney budget--It's gonna be noice!

I think Disney will be hands off the comics, because they really went after was the Marvel universe IP's to expand into that sweet sweet Iron/Spidey movie franchise.

Also, DC is owned by Warner Bros and Disney will never acquire them. Though I hear Superman "might" be iffy for them. Wouldn't it be a dick move for Disney to buy Superman. Total dick move.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    Wow. Well you guys better buy that memorabilia and other products now. Once its in Disney's control they will hold on to it tighter than a dolphins asshole. It will be put away in there vault until they are ready to sell it. At a premium price of course. Convenient how that works out for them... cause it could have gone either way
    That wont happen because they would lose to much money and pretty much shut down all the comic cons alienating their target audience. Plus only films made by Walt Disney Animation Studio go in the "Vault"