Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quick question....I've never seen Lady of Vengeance but Old Boy is an amazing and inventive thriller. It turned the revenge genre upside down in way Tartantino could only salivate about.

Spoiler Alert!!

I'm afraid whoever is working on the property is going to tweak the ending. I mean if they end like the original Korean version it is going to get an NC 17 rating. The MPAA, as oppose to its counterparts in other countries, does not have a kind view on movies that stray from "acceptable" sexual norms. Ultra violence is tolerated in American cinema to a certain extant, but there is no place for a dude (BIG TIME SPOILER) who inadvertently plows his daughter. They're going to change the ending which is a shame. The American public (sometimes) is more sophisticated than Hollywood gives us credit.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woodken View Post
    it was made in the 70 it was about a black car killing people in a small to town. i been looking for that movie for yrs .i hope they remake it or remake christian its about a red 66 fury.
    The DVD is back in print if you're interested. I have my copy. Amazon.com: The Car: James Brolin, Elliot Silverstein: Movies & TV@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hr5NwUfpL.@@AMEPARAM@@51hr5NwUfpL

The Car and Duel would make for an awesome double feature.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

And don't forget "Maximum Overdrive".

Junior Poster

I watch a lot of foreign movies, mainly European, but some Asian too, like Old Boy, Assembly, Brotherhood etc.
    They are far more interesting than most of the pap churned out by the Hollywood mainstream, who only go and fuck it up when they remake them. The remakes of Nikita and Get Carter were both risible. Leave well enough alone.

It's not hurting anyone,so what's your problem?

While not a remake and w/ no returning characters from the original film not truly a sequel "Repo Chick" is awaiting distribution.

But it might go straight to dvd.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Repo%20Chick%20blog1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	309125  

Last edited by rockabilly; 05-03-2010 at 12:58 PM.

5 Star Poster

most remakes are very unorginal.... there are very few movies that are "original"

5 Star Poster

theres a lot of good books out there and i cant understand why they dont use them

live with honour

Rookie Poster

David Fincher, director of Se7en and Zodiac among others is supposed to be directing the remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, the first of The Millenium Trilogy (The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest are due later this year) based on Stieg Larsson's tremendous books. I don't see the point of an top quality director wasting his time when the original is so good and they'll be lucky to find an actress half as good as Noomi Rapace. Still, Scorsese wasted his talent on The Departed which is nowhere near as good as Infernal Affairs

Gold Poster

You can add the nightmare on elm street remake as being a horrible remake, they totally frelled this movie up, characters were boring especially the new nancy and you didn't care about them in the original you did, this new guy who plays freddy frelling sucks no way can he even compare to englund's performance as freddy.The child molesting stuff was felt creepy why did they change him anyway from being child killer to a molester.And really the look of the in dream sequences in the original look better then the one in this remake. I don't know why that keep spitting out remakes when they are awful.It would great if he was a normal guy faslely accused of the crime of child molestation and turned into a monster but they didn't and should have the story would have been better but the molestation stuff they did have was just disgusting and creepy.

Don't worry Legend in 20 years they'll remake the remake and we can bitch about how bad it is again , I thought it was better than the Friday the 13th remake.

The problem is the audience has changed for horror films , most people would prefer to see "Saw 13" than a slasher film. The golden age of Slasher cinema was the late 70's - early 80's but good slashers can still be found but mostly straight to dvd ... "Midnight Movie" is a decent film.