Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Hollywood Remakes

Oldboy and Lady Vengeance are getting remade by hollywood for some odd reason, i really don't see the point of remaking films that are already good.The only thing hollywood is doing is revealing it's lack of originality and creativity which is sad and pathetic.They really need to stop stealing films and come up with their own shit.Oh and guess whose name is in the running of doing the oldboy remake, no other then will smith the same guy who is going to ruin karate kid, no way in hell they are going to have the same ending in oldboy with will smith.

I know you've probably heard of a film called "let the right one in" it's getting a hollywood remake and the title will be "let me in" i was in shock that they would even attempt to remake this movie.I just don't see the need to remake films that are already good,why not take an old movie that was bad and flopped and remake that,it would be a challenge.

Last edited by Legend; 05-04-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Default Re: Hollywood Remakes

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Oldboy and Lady Vengeance.
    Never heard of these movies.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Oldboy and Lady Vengeance.
    Really,they are two of the best films ever made.

Chased Thru The Woods... 5 Star Poster bte's Avatar

Oldboy was a sweet movie. I got it on DVD, it sucks that they are going to remake it. I guess Hollywood can't come up with any new ideas. Why ruin a perfectly good movie like Oldboy, I never understand.

Blood's thicker like a virgin's pussy on Homecoming.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Really,they are two of the best films ever made.
    With that much information everything is clear

Hollywood does the same to asian movies as it does to european ones: Butcher them.

Veteran Poster

Ugh! Why the hell do they have to ruin a great movie like Oldboy(I haven't seen Lady Vengeance yet) with a remake, especially since the original came out only 6 years ago. And to make matters worse Will Smith is going to be apart of it?! It just gets worse and worse. But of course Hollywood doesn't care, as long as the people are stupid enough to fork out the dough to see these crappy remakes, Hollywood will keep making them. Man I'm depressed right now.

Al: First thing they teach you when you're a rookie shoe salesman is when you get a fat one in the chair, never look up. I looked up, Peg! I saw underwear! It said "Saturday!"
    Peggy: So?
    Al: Today's Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by santiago316
    Ugh! Why the hell do they have to ruin a great movie like Oldboy(I haven't seen Lady Vengeance yet) with a remake, especially since the original came out only 6 years ago. And to make matters worse Will Smith is going to be apart of it?! It just gets worse and worse. But of course Hollywood doesn't care, as long as the people are stupid enough to fork out the dough to see these crappy remakes, Hollywood will keep making them. Man I'm depressed right now.
    How do they "ruin" a movie by making another movie? You don't have to see the new movie, you know that right?

Silver Poster

And yet, people still watch all those remakes in masses which is the reason why they produce them. The cinema is dead. Get over it.

Hollywood has always remade movies, just look at King Kong, how many times was that redone about 10 times. Some are better some are worse, and some just share the basic plot.

If you also notice Hollywood redoes some foreign movies and gives little or no credit to the original. Shutter was a Thai movie and remade into a US movie as was Bangkok Dangerous.

But some of the remakes are much better because of the techknowledgey so who cares if they remake it, it is still your choice to see it or not.

Also the Cinema is no where close to dead, look at the numbers.

Even though this isn't a petting zoo, you can still stroke my cock if you want.

If the zombie apocalypse happens in Vegas... will it stay in Vegas?

Also Inglorious Basterds was a remake nothing like the original, they shared the name and the time frame of the movie, that is about it.
    The taking of Pelham 1 2 3 was almost like the original but it was a better movie.
    So go to the movie or stay home and watch TV or surf the net.

Also so many people are saying how can they ruin a movie before it is even produced, that is going in with a very closed mind. You are saying it sucks before it is even made.

Even though this isn't a petting zoo, you can still stroke my cock if you want.

If the zombie apocalypse happens in Vegas... will it stay in Vegas?