And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Here the DC cops went around saying the victims were "transgender males"- they didn't mean FtM's, but were trying to say that they were 1- trans, 2- biologically male in the same breath. The media blindly picked it up and ran with it, virtually all but 1 local press group reporting it incorrectly, and consquently the bilerico report's coverage for this article has consisted of this crap:
    http://dc.bilerico.com/2009/08/break...d_one_dead.php

By that I am not trying to give their blog bad press, to be fair & clear I am criticizing the papers and tv news shows here, NOT the bloggers. They only have what they have access to in reporting their stories. When you're only given access to crap, you report crap.
    It's particularly sad because it's not like there aren't established journalistic guidelines on the subject (AP Stylebook). Some 'reporters' just choose to ignore them. Do they do it out of ignorance, hate, or sensationalism? We may never know. Although I will say this: this is another reason why TV/CD people should not be so easily categorized with transwomen.

Oh, and unfortunately 'Nana Boo,' the name one victim used, does sound an awful lot like a street name to me. Still sad though.

http://www.transadvocate.com/associa...-stylebook.htm

~BB~

Veteran Poster

Sad really sad

I am not the one for Vigilantism, but when faced with "no Witnesses" coming forward it tells me that people especially the ladies here at HA need to start thinking about personally protecting yourselves.

I hate to hear of anyone getting killed especially those people who are just being who they know they should be.

Fucking senseless in my opinion

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Hey, lay off the Mormons

I know several and they are extremely nice people

like any group there are crazies, that does not mean they all are

Horny ain't the word!

Quote Originally Posted by davinator1212
    Hey, lay off the Mormons

Mormons? What on earth are you talking about? What do Mormons have to do with this story?

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Quote Originally Posted by davinator1212
    Hey, lay off the Mormons

Mormons? What on earth are you talking about? What do Mormons have to do with this story?
    +1 where were mormons even mentioned?

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

This is another tragedy in the TG community. Sadly its a long way from being in the past.

I know DC well and this has happened before, including DC Fire and Rescue letting a TG girl die after an accident because they were too busy laughing to care for her and get her in the ambulance. And a butch dyke who was murdered on a crowded street in the middle of the so called hip gay area.

Surprizingly DC has a huge TG community (and active sex trade) not to mention LGBi population both out and especially on the down low. Many of them Black. I say this because as a predominantly Black city, these people have family and neighbors who have known them all of their lives and yet are marginalized and discriminated against frankly as a matter of course by many many folk.

The DC council tried to pass legislation recognizing (not granting) out of state gay marriage and the local "ministers" had a riot in City Hall. An actual riot. Yet a whole bunch of these same church people are smokin b*ne and bumpin cats when the sun goes down.

Sadly the majority of DC folks IMHO dont give a rats a** about gay people especially trans people even if they have known them all their lives. This of course leads to sadness, crime and depravity which is quite common in DC.
    Peace

Once again another murderer walks the streets. The cops don't care...just another tranny murdered (that's what they say). If this happened in any other segment of the population it would get major coverage. These murders are reaching epidemic proportions and yet there is no outcry even from the so called LGBT community...sad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dabaldone
    These murders are reaching epidemic proportions and yet there is no outcry even from the so called LGBT community...sad indeed.
    Oh the LGB community would have reacted in a heart beat... if the press had been told that a guy was screaming fag as he stabbed two flamers, one lethally, in broad daylight.

Just look at how fast the Syracuse shooting got reported on the LGB blogs... when the SYR PD & DA were telling reporters the victim was a feminine "gay guy killed for being gay."

But then when the truth was revealed... you didn't see any mass protests or outcry from the LGB groups demanding the press be more tolerant in their coverage. No, you only really saw that kind of outrage in #'s within trans spaces.

-edited for clarity-

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

Very tragic. Thanks for the story and the thoughtful analysis. One could say the perpetrator was simply crazy, but a disproportionate amount of crazy violence and hatred is directed towards TG. The least we can do is shed light on the story and criticize the quality of the news coverage.