Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

Rookie Poster

Saw it months ago in theatre and it is the best Batman movie. Beats other Batman movie and crappy sequels.

Junior Poster

Oh and to set the record straight for some that might be confused...

This is not a sequel nor a prequel. It has absolutely no connections with the previous Batman Anthology. A sequel to "Batman Begins" is already in the works. And for those who have seen the ending to "BB", you already know who the next villian is, and how kick ass it will be.

Memories don't live like people do.....

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    Oh and to set the record straight for some that might be confused...

This is not a sequel nor a prequel. It has absolutely no connections with the previous Batman Anthology. A sequel to "Batman Begins" is already in the works. And for those who have seen the ending to "BB", you already know who the next villian is, and how kick ass it will be.
    Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (200

David Goyer wrote Batman Begins and will write the sequel to Batman Begins. He is also writing The Flash and Ghost Rider both expected to release in 2006.

Other up-and-coming comic book movies

Ok ... I guess I need to hit blockbuster

P.S.

Until the sequel we have the following titles due out in the movies:

Iron Man

Deathlok

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

The Flash

Ghost Rider

X-Men 3

I loved Nicholson's Joker in the first Batman movie, but otherwise I have to agree this is the best thus far. Still, it had it bumps: excessive violence in places, too slow pacing in others. But Ra's Al Ghul was excellent, and certainly the best realization of the character yet.

Best superhero movie adaptions in my opinion have been the first two Superman movies and X2. Hellboy was excellent. FF had a different set of weaknesses compared to Batman Begins, but I still liked it. The first Spidey didn't impress me at all. The second had me until they extinguish a runaway fission reaction by dunking it in the Hudson River (sorry, my niece is a physicist--can't help but laugh at that gaff). But that aside, I did like it.

The first X-men was ok, but X2 was much better. I'm probably forgetting others. As for what's coming down the pike: will the Flash be Barry Allen or Wally West? (Certainly not Jay Garrick, though I think Flash is the character who has most successfully been reinterpreted from generation to generation, from the Golden Age Jay to the Silver Age Barry to today's Wally.) Iron Man has real potential. Deathlok, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider all hold zero interest for me (though if they are well handled, I'll be receptive). X3 must be the Phoenix saga, they certainly set that up in X2.

I wonder if CGI is yet up to Green Lantern? Done poorly it would be a joke, but I'd like to see GL done right.

Platinum Poster

im so dissapointed w/ the way they r doing the phoenix saga on x-men... could have been much better

I've only read brief descriptions about the upcoming movie--I don't want to know too much in advance!

Though I think it's interesting that Famke Jansen playing Phoenix also offered the most extensive role as a TS on tv on Nip / Tuck! Interesting resume the woman has.

Veteran Poster

X2 was awesome as well as the two Spiderman movies. I also loved Blade II. Blade I was good, but Blade Trinity was disappointing, though I liked the way Jessica Biel in the movie. The original Batman was also good as well as the Superman movies. I am waiting for Wonder Woman. For some reason, I can see Allanah Starr in that role.

i agree ...it was better, since it was more on the legends of the dark knight series.....i also loved the first one though....jack nicholson's performance was legendary....i am also looking forward to the next spiderman , since a little bird told me that one of the enemies in the movie is going to be venom ( my fav villian in the comic series).

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time