Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batman Begins

The first Batman movie had two big pluses: Jack and casting for Bruce Wayne rather than for Batman (Keaton is no Batman, but he made a believable Wayne). As far as being on point with the comics, both do, but in different ways, responding to different eras. I see the first Batman as hewing close to the original Bob Kane / Bill Finger conception of Batman, dark but camp (wonderfully expressed in that outrageous scene where the Batman unloads every weapon in the Batplane against the Joker without getting a scratch on him, then the Joker brings the Batplane down with a ridiculous five-foot-long pistol--classic! I was rolling in the aisles!).

Yes, Batman Begins instead cuts to the marvelous reinvention of Batman by Frank Miller (with a nod to Neal Adams and Denny O'Neill first shaking loose the camp Batman of the 60s), and is much richer as a character study.

Oh, that reminds me: Sin City is one of the best comix adaptations ever!

i met denny oniell when i was a young lad....got a bunch of his stuff signed , batman movie comic, batman dark knight returns , and even shadow #1 from the 70s.

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Neat! I still have that Shadow #1 around somewhere. He was one of the best writers in comix.

Rookie Poster

Best Batman movie yet. The movie and a huge cast of great actors and two of them which are my all time favs, Bale and Murphy. Just tose two being in the movie made me want to see it. The only bad thing about the movie is that Scarecrow didn't have much screen time and got screwed over at the end. That made me mad cuz Scarecrow is my favorite Bman enemy. Besides that, the movie was well made and glad that Bale will be in 2 more Bman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    im so dissapointed w/ the way they r doing the phoenix saga on x-men... could have been much better
    The Phoenix saga requires a heck of a lot more than just a movie. They should just turn it into an HBO series and let Joss Whedon direct it.

"Friends don't let friends drink and post"

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Jack Nicholson deserved an Oscar nod for his role as the Joker.......................

As far as upcoming movies go, Ironman better be out of this world; because if they fuck it up I will be heated. I'm sorry folks but Fantastic Four sucked, I will say that I liked Hulk over FF. Ghost Rider will be another Daredevil, because even with the cult following very few of these kids today even know about Ghost Rider comics from Marvel.

I'll also be pissed if they fuck up the Flash, I was pissed when CBS cancelled the tv show due to budget years ago, that shit had potential.

What I would love to see DC do but they will NEVER do is Kingdom Come............anyone that has ever read it understands how incredible that shit would be..........

p.s. THANK YOU DC COMICS for shitting on Nicholas Cage's dreams of being Superman. I'm gonna say this once, Superman needs to be played by Patrick Warburton

voice of Brock Samson on the Venture Bros. (funniest adult swim cartoon to date)
    Voice of Superman on the American Express commercials

ok enough ranting

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by joyboy123
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    im so dissapointed w/ the way they r doing the phoenix saga on x-men... could have been much better
    The Phoenix saga requires a heck of a lot more than just a movie. They should just turn it into an HBO series and let Joss Whedon direct it.
    Have you read the ongoing Astonishing X-Men comic written by Whedon? By far the best treatment of the team in comics since the glory days of Claremont and Byrne 25 years ago.

Veteran Poster

I could not believe how much weight Christian Bale gained since "The Machinist"

Batman Begins

The Machinist

Remarkable.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    I'll also be pissed if they fuck up the Flash, I was pissed when CBS cancelled the tv show due to budget years ago, that shit had potential.
    Thought You might be interested to know, if you already didn't, that they're releasing that on DVD in January.

Here's the link about it.
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4258