Junior Poster

Default "For the left, war without Bush is not war at all,"

Well it's good to see that at least some reporters are asking tough questions about Obama's wars with most of the major media outlets mailing in their objective analysis .
    Good short update on Cindy Sheehan who i disagree with yet she is sincere unlike many democrats who used her for partisan gain .
    'hypocrisy' of Left, Democratic allies.
    By: Byron York
    Chief Political Correspondent
    08/18/09 11:19 PM EDT
    After my column, "For the left, war without Bush is not war at all," appeared Tuesday, I got a note from Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war activist who was the subject of so much press coverage when she led a protest against the Iraq war outside then-President George W. Bush's ranch in Texas. This is what the note said:

I read your column about the "anti-war" movement and I can't believe I am saying this, but I mostly agree with you.

The "anti-war" "left" was used by the Democratic Party. I like to call it the "anti-Republican War" movement.

While I agree with you about the hypocrisy of such sites as the DailyKos, I have known for a long time that the Democrats are equally responsible with the Republicans. That's why I left the party in May 2007 and that's why I ran for Congress against Nancy Pelosi in 2008.

I have my own radio show, "Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox," and I was out on a four-month book tour promoting the fact that it's not about Democrats or Republicans, but it's about the system.
    Even if I am surrounded by a thousand, or no one, I am still working for peace.

Sincerely,
    Cindy Sheehan

I asked Sheehan to give me a call, so I could verify that the note in fact came from her. She did, and we discussed her plans to protest next week in Martha's Vineyard, where President Obama will be vacationing. "I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that even if they supported Obama, he doesn't represent much change," Sheehan said. "There are people still out here who oppose the war and Obama's policies, but it seems like the big organizations with the big lists aren't here."

I asked Sheehan about the fact that the press seems to have lost interest in her and her cause. "It's strange to me that you mention it," she said. "I haven't stopped working. I've been protesting every time I can, and it's not covered. But the one time I did get a lot of coverage was when I protested in front of George Bush's house in Dallas in June. I don't know what to make of it. Is the press having a honeymoon with Obama? I know the Left is."

After the protests in Massachusetts -- Sheehan told me she has no idea how many people might show up -- Sheehan will be in Washington October 5, for a protest at the White House to mark the eight anniversary of the start of the war in Afghanistan. Not only is the president escalating the war there, she said, but he's not withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq as quickly as he originally promised. "That's why I was opposed to him," she said.

Professional Poster

I agree. One caveat. Bush did get us into an unnecessary war. But Obama has continued. And she is right, the Dems allowed Bush to pursue and unconstitutional, unprovoked, and unannounced war.

Veteran Poster

This is quite a detailed analysis of Obama's foreign policy status.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090..._end_beginning

Truth is, there's not much change from Bush. Maybe the ability of one individual (albeit an elected president) to achieve change is overrated - or maybe the hyperbole leading up to the election set too many expectations.

Make your voice count - free Aung San Suu Kyi