Veteran Poster

Default Anyone seen this shit?

http://www.livevideo.com/video/520A8...-his-blac.aspx

Friend of mine who's into all this kung-fu stuff, sent me this. Where did the Black belt fella get his belt , Asdas bargain bin?

Big tough men knocking fuck out of a loony like that....Apparently the loon was hassling people in town all the day , cops picked him up but let him go and he walked in this dojo wanting to be a teacher.

They were out of order in my opinion.

I don't recall grabbing someone by their shirt (as seen in the video) being a martial arts move.

Whatever that video shows, its not martial arts.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    I don't recall grabbing someone by their shirt (as seen in the video) being a martial arts move.

Whatever that video shows, its not martial arts.

Funnily enough ,the black belt seems to be having problems beating this eccentric chap so he decides to use street rules.A lot of what he does don't look like karate It's more like what I have seen in the pub carpark on a friday night.

Junior Poster

The Karate guy used actual martial arts moves. All have a name and are taught in Karate dojo's around the world. That IS martial arts.

The handicapped guy used actual Kubg Fu moves. He kicked and punched, he moved in and out, stayed in his stance, obviously had trained martial arts, and actually 'hung' with his opponent for a bit anyway.

The problem here is sportmanship. The Karate guy should not have knee to the back of the neck, foot stomps on the ground, continue to strike when his opponent was done. Those moves are great, and legitimate martial arts, for self defense, but have no place in a dojo practice/spar session.

As far as being handicapped, there is definitly an issue there. Even though he had trained, and it seemed like a testing match to find if he was qualified to teach, there still should have been some slack for the guy, especially when he was down.