Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    The only good exclusive for Xbox 360 is Halo 3? Really?

Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Forza Motorsport 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Project Gotham Racing 3, Dead or Alive 4, Left 4 Dead, Fable, Fable II, Mass Effect, Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Ninja Gaiden II, etc...

Not all amazing games and some are really old but still solid titles.

And when/if Alan Wake is FINALLY released it will be exclusive. I know that when A game is delayed as much as Alan Wake has it usually ends up being total shit. But I cant help having high hopes since I absolutely loved Max Payne.
    Only good FPS!. I wasn't talking about all the exclusives, and because some games aren't on the PS3 doesn't mean its an exclusive :P

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Bioshock is my fave shooter on 360. It does so much perfectly ... it's like a work of art.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    The only good exclusive for Xbox 360 is Halo 3? Really?

Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Forza Motorsport 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Project Gotham Racing 3, Dead or Alive 4, Left 4 Dead, Fable, Fable II, Mass Effect, Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Ninja Gaiden II, etc...

Not all amazing games and some are really old but still solid titles.

And when/if Alan Wake is FINALLY released it will be exclusive. I know that when A game is delayed as much as Alan Wake has it usually ends up being total shit. But I cant help having high hopes since I absolutely loved Max Payne.
    Only good FPS!. I wasn't talking about all the exclusives, and because some games aren't on the PS3 doesn't mean its an exclusive :P
    lol. True. But for the sake of this argument (exclusivity) I didn't worry about the PC or PS2. As for the Wii. I don't consider a Gamecube with motion control to be relevant. As for the games. Not all of them are FPS. Although I will admit that's the biggest strength of the 360.

A non FPS game I would like to see on the xbox 360 is a new Psychonauts. The original tanked in sales so I doubt that will happen but a guy can dream. Loved that game on the original xbox. Its a shame that an awesome and incredibly creative game like that can bomb and a piece of shit like Spider-Man 3 or The Godfather II can sell millions.

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Psychonauts was amazing , Brutal Legend should be cool. I hope it sells better ... another good original X-Box game is Jade Empire , i hope it gets a sequel.

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Sony PS3 is/will be a dead format. It's sales figures speak volumes. Blu ray sure but an awfully expensive blu ray at that. Software libraries are the key driver of console sales, and no console is going to sell on promises - they've got to deliver. Sony needs more must-have first party titles to sell consoles and quite frankly they don't. I had a friend at work purchase a PS3 but I didn't have the heart to tell him he made the wrong choice and wasted his money.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sulka_bewitched_me
    Sony PS3 is/will be a dead format. It's sales figures speak volumes. Blu ray sure but an awfully expensive blu ray at that. Software libraries are the key driver of console sales, and no console is going to sell on promises - they've got to deliver. Sony needs more must-have first party titles to sell consoles and quite frankly they don't. I had a friend at work purchase a PS3 but I didn't have the heart to tell him he made the wrong choice and wasted his money.
    Cant say I agree. At $499 and $599 it wasn't worth it and indeed a total rip off. Instead of focusing on developing great games they were focusing on using the cell processors to cure diseases and trying to convince us that rumble support wasn't important. They finally have a decent lineup. They offer a great Bluray player. They increased the hard drive space and have Built-in Wi-Fi. At $299 it's finally worth the money in my opinion. I just wish it was backwards compatible. Its a shame they didn't offer that to there customers.

Junior Poster Sulka_bewitched_me's Avatar

Cant say I agree. At $499 and $599 it wasn't worth it and indeed a total rip off. Instead of focusing on developing great games they were focusing on using the cell processors to cure diseases and trying to convince us that rumble support wasn't important. They finally have a decent lineup. They offer a great Bluray player. They increased the hard drive space and have Built-in Wi-Fi. At $299 it's finally worth the money in my opinion. I just wish it was backwards compatible. Its a shame they didn't offer that to there customers.
    How long has it been/taken for it to become what it currently is? I just feel sorry for those poor saps who actually paid $499-$599 for it in the first place. The fact it isn't backwards compatible is a slap in the face to the current owners.

Veteran Poster

How long has it been/taken for it to become what it currently is? I just feel sorry for those poor saps who actually paid $499-$599 for it in the first place. The fact it isn't backwards compatible is a slap in the face to the current owners.
    Agree with everything here. Its a shame it took them soooo fucking long to figure things out. I really hope whoever orchestrated the launch and was responsible for the following 3+ years of bad decisions was fired. Backwards compatibility really comes down to money. If people could play those games on the system Sony couldn't charge $10-20 for the downloadable "classics" version. But since I don't have a bluray player (other than my PC) and they have some games I would love to play (MGS4, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, etc...) I am finally tempted to buy a PS3 at the $299 price point. Especially since its going to be another 3+ years for the next Gen systems to come out.

Junior Poster

Sony was going to die over the PS3? Hardly! People complained about the original PS2 being $299 when was released.

I didn't complain I waited, I knew the price would drop. The Slim PS2 came out, with the original price drop of $199, then I waited....

It went down to $179 just before the release of GT4 and I picked up both.

When the PS3 was announced and the first few games were going to be FPS' I knew I could wait again. I have NO interest in such games, I'll leave personal feelings about the decay of Society to another thread.

Games like Metal Gear Solid came out, fine but I haven't played MGS2 or 3 yet. It can wait.

I was mildly interested in GRID when it came out (I like racing game can you tell?) but it was available on PC as well, so I decided, I only needed a $70 video card to play GRID at playable speed (30+fps) with max settings, so I went that route.

Ferrari Challenge came out, but online was only supported on PS3, still not worth it to buy the console, I waited.

When rumors of a Slim PS3 started to surface I knew two things would happen -

Prices of current stock and new units would fall. I knew prices of Refurbished PS3's Phats would go down.

Guess what -

PS3 Slim - $299 (available for pre-order)
    PS3 80GB - $299 (remaining stock)
    PS3 20GB Refurbished - $279

Slim doesn't have a card reader and only 2 USB ports and its main flaw compared to the original - Its not Backward Compatible!

So I'll take my chances and pick up a PS3 20GB, its just cheaper and I can put my PS2 back in its box or in my car.

I still play PS2 games and why not? Its not all about graphical power and with a deep library of games available at rock bottom prices its a great time to own a PS2.

The only mistake Sony made was releasing such a console when the economy was on the brink to start with. They also rode the crest of the PS2 a bit too long.

The PS3 release and struggle in the market reminds me of the struggle Nintendo had vs the Sega Genesis when the Super Nintendo was first released.

I bet on that console and who won that battle?

The PS2 survived not only the original Xbox, but two Nintendo consoles (Gamecube and N64) and the Sega Dreamcast.

Nintendo's early fears of piracy are largely unfounded. So while Sony forged ahead with CD-ROM based game storage, Nintendo nearly lost by sticking with expensive cartridges too long.

Sega made tactical errors in marketing, along with betting 2D games would still be dominate the market, WRONG.

It took Sony this long to get the price of production down to a point where they could reduce the price, simple as that. That's also why they deleted the card reader, backward compatibility, extra USB ports and ability to install Linux. Since such a small community of users also got any mileage out of those things.

This is the time to buy a PS3, because its best series of games to hit the console are about to be released including GT5. While early titles are now Greatest Hits and can be purchased for a 40% reduction in price from the original.

In Electronics there are early adopters and value minded shoppers. Early Adopters pay the higher cost and get the least amount of value. While those who wait, get better value for the money and more mature hardware (less issues).

I'm currently paying the price for being one of the first people to have a Android powered cellphone. While it came out almost two years after the Iphone, there is only ONE Iphone but there's about to be 3-4 additional phones powered by Android. Androids user base will exceed Apples within a few years.

I was never interested in either of Microsoft's consoles, they don't offer any real advantage over Sony's consoles. Xbox games looked better, but that's because it was newer hardware then the PS2 but still never managed to catch the PS2 in overall sales which stands at 140 million consoles world wide and counting.

The controller of the Xbox was by biggest problem with the console, seeing that Microsoft made it some 40% smaller with the Xbox 360, Umm I think they proved my point.

MS has only a few exclusives and frankly as I said, if you like FPS then the 360 is your console. PS3's game library it tiny and not fleshed out yet, its early days for the PS3 and its best games haven't been released yet, usually around the 3rd year of its life cycle which is 2009...

Sony was going to die over the PS3? Hardly! People complained about the original PS2 being $299 when was released.
    Nobody complained about the price of the PS2 which was the same price as the PSx. Even with the Dreamcast (RIP) at 149.99 the PS2 still moved at a record pace. Sony became the first console to dominate 2 generations in a row (handheld units being the only exception.) now Sony got way to cocky thinking that the same people would cough up 499 and 599 in droves while the 360 costed 299-399 and the Wii costed 249.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!