Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I've got them both....games look better on my 360!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Trowa
    I'm a Sony fanboy so my opinion might be a bit biased but.

XBox 360 is a piece of shit. If you don't own either console, PS3 hands down is the way to go. Theres no point in getting an Xbox unless you play FPS, the system has nothing else going for it besides a 54% failure rate.
    Except for Xbox Live, Netflix, and superior versions of cross platform games. But other than that they are crap.

I am not giving Microsoft a free pass either. That failure rate is astonishing. And it is truly deplorable that they didn't even fully acknowledge the problem until millions of users were adversely affected. Being one of the lucky ones I find it difficult to fully hold that against them.

This whole console generation has been pretty disappointing to me. Like you pointed out. Xbox360's quality is spotty and they are dying all the time. PS3 was overpriced and didn't have enough good games. Nintendo threw in the towel and focused solely on niche games for the general public and delivered a system about as powerful as a toaster oven. etc....
    PS3 has a movie store, 360's Netflix has no Sony/paramount movies and you can stream Netflix on your PS3. You also own the movies once you buy em, off the movie store that you can also watch on your PSP.

Superior versions of cross platform games? Heh. COD4, Burnout Paradise, COD Waw, Arkham Asylum, GTA4 Dead Space, and more all look better on PS3.
    Yeah. Like Legend said Netflix streaming is free with the basic subscription. You are also the first person I have ever heard saying the PS3 versions are better looking. Almost every review I have ever read has said the XBOX360 looks better and has a superior frame rate. Gamespot even had a article showing this. True, these are mostly first generation PS3 games but I have heard the same generalization ever since.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

Junior Poster

I believe I read that GTAIV and DMC4 not only looked better on PS3 but ran better as well. The reason so many 360 versions are "superior" is because most of the time developers choose to start production on the 360 because it's easier to decode and the PS3 version is a port. Games like Tekken 6 and FFXIII started development on the PS3 and the 360 versions will be ports, we'll have to wait and see what kind of shortcomings there are in the Xbox versions.

Cheaper console to buy is the PS3 currently-Comes Blu-Ray and Wifi. No extra equipment needed
    The Wifi Adapter for the 360 is like 50 bucks cheap yes but not something id waste money on. ^_^ to be honest there is alot of shit Sony does better than Microsoft and vice versa....when it comes down to it. Sony ftw. just never buy their car electronics lol.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Not quite on topic but what do you think of the "Board" that you use in the new Tony Hawk game ?

only one reason 2 but a P3 and its METAL GEAR other than that i'm staying w/ 360

No Better Friend
    No Worse Enemy

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly
    Not quite on topic but what do you think of the "Board" that you use in the new Tony Hawk game ?
    A worthless peripheral that was inspired by the lastest "casual" gaming trend and the fact that the game was getting its ass kicked by the skate franchise was probably inspiration for them trying something else to.Why anyone would buy this instead of a real skate board is beyond me.

True ... I hope there is an option to use classic controls , i liked Tony Hawk because of it's crazy combos and it's pick-up and play style. Some kid is gonna kick flip that "board" into his t.v. and sue over it. SMH

Veteran Poster

Haven't purchased a Tony Hawk game since Pro Skater 3 on PS2. The board seems really gimmicky to me. Like some fat kids parents invented it to try and keep little Johnny safe.

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

We have guitar and drum controllers , light guns have been around forever and now a skate board controller. I'm all for innovation in how we play games , but games are an escape from reality.