Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

We better start saving for the next generation of systems in 2012. They will probably be $800-$1000

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

Junior Poster

Don't waste your money on that junk, you can get a blu-ray player for $200. The XBOX360 Elite just dropped it's price to $300 also.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream
    Don't waste your money on that junk, you can get a blu-ray player for $200. The XBOX360 Elite just dropped it's price to $300 also.
    PS3's have blu ray players built in

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Junior Poster

I'm a Sony fanboy so my opinion might be a bit biased but.

XBox 360 is a piece of shit. If you don't own either console, PS3 hands down is the way to go. Theres no point in getting an Xbox unless you play FPS, the system has nothing else going for it besides a 54% failure rate.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Trowa

XBox 360 is a piece of shit. If you don't own either console, PS3 hands down is the way to go. Theres no point in getting an Xbox unless you play FPS, the system has nothing else going for it besides a 54% failure rate.
    Except for Xbox Live, Netflix, and superior versions of cross platform games. But other than that they are crap.

I am not giving Microsoft a free pass either. That failure rate is astonishing. And it is truly deplorable that they didn't even fully acknowledge the problem until millions of users were adversely affected. Being one of the lucky ones I find it difficult to fully hold that against them.

This whole console generation has been pretty disappointing to me. Like you pointed out. Xbox360's quality is spotty and they are dying all the time. PS3 was overpriced and didn't have enough good games. Nintendo threw in the towel and focused solely on niche games for the general public and delivered a system about as powerful as a toaster oven. etc....

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

The only thing i'm missing out on by not having a PS3 is the first party software. And i mostly got the Wii because of Zelda and Mario games , i've been playing the new Punch Out as well ... does anybody know how to knock King Hippos crown off ? :

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    Quote Originally Posted by Trowa

Except for Xbox Live, Netflix, and superior versions of cross platform games. But other than that they are crap.

I am not giving Microsoft a free pass either. That failure rate is astonishing. And it is truly deplorable that they didn't even fully acknowledge the problem until millions of users were adversely affected. Being one of the lucky ones I find it difficult to fully hold that against them.

This whole console generation has been pretty disappointing to me. Like you pointed out. Xbox360's quality is spotty and they are dying all the time. PS3 was overpriced and didn't have enough good games. Nintendo threw in the towel and focused solely on niche games for the general public and delivered a system about as powerful as a toaster oven. etc....
    PS3 has a movie store, 360's Netflix has no Sony/paramount movies and you can stream Netflix on your PS3. You also own the movies once you buy em, off the movie store that you can also watch on your PSP.

Superior versions of cross platform games? Heh. COD4, Burnout Paradise, COD Waw, Arkham Asylum, GTA4 Dead Space, and more all look better on PS3.

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

I'm a gamer , simple as that. Each console has it's own pros and cons ... but this generation is the only time i have never had all 3 at launch. I got my 360 and Wii on launch day , the price and small supply of PS3's kept me from buying it at launch. If they can work out a simple way to transfer all my games and movies then the PSP go will be my next purchase.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    PS3 has a movie store, 360's Netflix has no Sony/paramount movies and you can stream Netflix on your PS3. You also own the movies once you buy em, off the movie store that you can also watch on your PSP.

Superior versions of cross platform games? Heh. COD4, Burnout Paradise, COD Waw, Arkham Asylum, GTA4 Dead Space, and more all look better on PS3.
    You probably have to buy those movies at an individual price in the psn store, netflix is only 10 bucks for unlimited views for any move you can instantly watch, one movie on the psn store is probably 10 bucks.

Come on "superior versions" thats bs, that batman came isn't the superior version it just has a extra level because sony paid for it, thats like saying the xbox 360 version of gta 4 is superior because microsoft paid for extra content,when everyone knows its the same game.

GTA4 is better to get on Xbox though

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.