Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Science of Sperm?

Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    I saw some happily-in-love lesbians today. Clearly, Cupid doesn't just tip his arrows with sperm.
    Agreed, BUT hasn't there been some studies that showed that gay people react to all these chemicals differently then straight people do?

Certainly gay people are pheromone sensitive, its just the different ones that they're sensitive to (i.e. gay guys liking male pheromones).

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Default Re: The Science of Sperm?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by phobun
    I saw some happily-in-love lesbians today. Clearly, Cupid doesn't just tip his arrows with sperm.
    Agreed, BUT hasn't there been some studies that showed that gay people react to all these chemicals differently then straight people do?
    This is not an area I am familiar with. But it seems as if your approach is one of using gay and straight as dichotomous variables, when it seems, at least around here on HA forum, that they may be continous variables at the ends of the same continuum. So if a cock-bandit or power-bottom, neither of whom can reasonably be described as entirely straight, fall in love first with a GG, but later with a rough-looking but hung CD, was the love because of different mechanisms each time... in particular, when they fell in love the second time, was it because "Gay people react to all these chemicals differently then straight people."?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Certainly gay people are pheromone sensitive, its just the different ones that they're sensitive to (i.e. gay guys liking male pheromones).
    I enjoy reading your thoughts. I'm a fan of Occam's Razor, and my preference is for the simplest explanation.

Rather than 2 aspects of functioning differing between "gays" and "straights" (i.e, that there is a psychological and/or biological reason for gayness, and, two, that "gays" and "straights" have different physiologic reactions to hormones as a basis for falling in love), I wager that "gay" and "straight" people have the same physiology in response to a hormone, say prolactin ("the love hormone"), but may do so in accordance with their fundamental sexual orientation, which may be more fluid, for whatever reason. Surely their fundamental sexual orientation precedes any sort of romantic love... people usually know they are attracted to either males or females or potentially both prior to falling in love with a specific person.

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    So you are saying when I am feeling down and blue my best way to snap out of it is to find my favorite tranny and swallow her goo? OK I'm up for that, I am feeling a bit depressed tonight.
    If you actually link up and give it to each other, you might become the happiest couple on earth.