Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Rookie Poster

oops

Quote Originally Posted by Mugai_hentaisha
    Tax businesses...oh that would work, you expect them to keep their health care plan and pay tax for health care?
    No, I expect them to ditch their health care completely (like I said earlier, they won't have a choice in 5 years), and then the part of peoples' pay checks that currently get spent on buying private health insurance can be used to buy insurance through the exchange.

Then, all we'd have to do is implement an HMO-style plan where the gov tells you who your doctor is, what meds you should be taking, or how much of them- to throttle costs, and then provided the government can keep the private insurance companies from exploiting the system to rape people on the costs, it shouldn't be too bad.

Of course that's just "in theory."

In practice everyone will lose their current health plan if its not already through the government, they will lose their current doctor(s), they will loose their ability to choose their insurance benefits, and they will be forced to buy insurance from a select group via the exchange which will then be able to skim trillions off the tops to line their pockets, and then since everyone will have insurance the big pharmaceutical companies/chain hospitals can go price-crazy knowing people will be forced to use plans that will pay for the increased prices... because on a personal level it will be cheaper than the $1500 fine for not having insurance. The min age of retirement will be bumped up to the life expectancy age (no more having decades of not working as a "retirement" to keep people productive). And that's just the stuff that would be easy to foresee.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

Obviously, people have forgotten or didn't see Palins, Katie Couric's interview or remember some of her comments. "I can see Russia from my house???", Couric, "How do you keep up with politics?" Palin, I read magazines", Couric, What kind? Palin, "magazines". Couric, "Yeah, but what kind?" Palin, "All of them." As far as her being a role model for women and girls etc. What a joke! Yeah, she's a great role model; let's her daughters boyfriend have all night sleepovers not being "wise" enough to realize that they might have "sex" when she goes to sleep in her bedroom which is probably 40 feet away and around the corner! She used he position to get things and to bully people. And then she then "QUIT" her job, saying she was tired of what people were saying about her etc., BOO HOO, Poor poor Palin.

Yeah, she's someone who I want running things and influencing young America; kids today/ young America are already screwed up bad enough as it is. Palin = KOOK! And if anyone wants to dispute this, think about what you say before commenting.

Have a great day all