Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.
    LOL. All this anger over a fictional plastic doll.
    Anger lol actually i'm from from being angry about this i find this whole taking out the whole american thing to be hysterical,if you take away a major part of the original you might as well not even call the movie g.i. joe maybe they should have named it "random military guys who fight bad guys"

I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.
    Anger lol actually i'm from from being angry about this i find this whole taking out the whole american thing to be hysterical,if you take away a major part of the original you might as well not even call the movie g.i. joe maybe they should have named it "random military guys who fight bad guys"
    It's not real. G.I. Joe is a cartoon, a doll, a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by scroller
    Fact is, G.I. Joes from other countries were first produced over 40 years ago.

"In 1966, soldiers from other countries (France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USSR and the UK) joined the G.I. Joe line up. A Green Beret figure from Vietnam was also issued in the same year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe
    So it's a fact, G.I Joe is part of an international fighting force for freedom.

Legend and others will be happy to know that our Real American Hero has worked closely with G.I. Joes from other countries... Oh what am I saying, these are dolls we're talking about.

Anyone of you upset the Superman quote "The never ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way," was done away with?

What we have here is a conspiracy against the U.S. and our cartoon/toy/fictional heroes.
    LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.To prove i really don't give a shit about any of these you guys can argue about it amongst yourself.

Gold Poster

It's not real. G.I. Joe is a cartoon, a doll, a fictional character.
    No way, get out of here.

LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.To prove i really don't give a shit about any of these you guys can argue about it amongst yourself.
    I watched one episode of the cartoon, thought it was shit, and never watched it again.

Anyways, you're complaining that a movie, based on a doll, does not include the words "A Real American Hero." If you don't care about politics, why worry about political correctness?

Gold Poster

I watched one episode of the cartoon, thought it was shit, and never watched it again

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by notdrunk
    Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.
    Explain what's dumb about wanting to sell the movie to international audiences.
    Removing a core element thinking that it might offend someone is dumb.

Yes and No. The Soviets had their own team called Oktober Guard. All of the GI Joes (and Cobra) in the movie are from the Real American Hero series. The Real American Hero series used American patriotism as an important aspect.

The Internationalist version of GI Joe was Action Force. Action Force had characters from around the world fighting the evil Red Shadows. If the director/writers wanted to be internationalist (they tried), the movie should of been called Action Force.

I hear ya. G. I. Joes have risked their lives for America, and this is how they are rewarded....oh wait.. it's a ....

Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.
    Explain what's dumb about wanting to sell the movie to international audiences.

Yes and No. The Soviets had their own team called Oktober Guard. All of the GI Joes (and Cobra) in the movie are from the Real American Hero series. The Real American Hero series used American patriotism as an important aspect.

The Internationalist version of GI Joe was Action Force. Action Force had characters from around the world fighting the evil Red Shadows. If the director/writers wanted to be internationalist (they tried), the movie should of been called Action Force.

Gold Poster

Explaing that to someone who could care less about the original property is pointless just let them throw their hardcore wiki facts at you and move along.

Professional Poster

LOL, it's obvious you or scroller didn't watch the cartoon or you wouldn't be taking stuff from the all mighty always correct wikipedia.I don't give a shit about politics, ,i just hate for anything original to change just for political correctness.The fact that scroller took that shit from wiki and posted it is a fact is funny as he is taking this serious, i know about g.i joe and who fought with them, i don't need wiki telling me that.
    Everything you say is incorrect. I had a 12" GI Joe Adventure Team figure in the 1970's. I watched the 1980's cartoon a lot and enjoyed it. You're engaging right-wing revisionist history, about a doll of all things.

Look, it's a TV ad for the Australian GI Joe from the 1970's, similar to what I had. Nothing about America in it, you better time travel back 40 years and straighten them out: http://www.toltoys.com/labels/Kenbrite.html