Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections
    Quote Originally Posted by steveroyscot
    was gi joe the american version of the uk action man? kung fu grip etceterea? they seem very similar, minus the different variants.
    GI Joe came out first and Palitoy got permission from Hasbro in 1966 to start making it in the UK as Action Man. So yes Action man is the UK version of The American action figure GI Joe
    Interesting.
    Action man: the UK's version of GI Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.
    LOL. All this anger over a fictional plastic doll.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    I can't believe they took away "real american hero " to please some random towel head who wants to kill us, this movie isn't g.i joe if it isn't going to empathize fighting for america and being an american hero.
    Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

[/quote]

LOL. All this anger over a fictional plastic doll.[/quote]

Hey they are Action Figures not Dolls. lol

It's funny when i was a kid i called them toys ... now as an adult i call them collectibles. Cant complain though , i sold most and paid off my student loans and sent my cousin to Furman.

Quote Originally Posted by notdrunk
    Probably a childhood fantasy is crushed. It is dumb that the director/writer(s) is trying to appeal to the international market by removing the overt American patriotism from it. It is a cop-out.
    Explain what's dumb about wanting to sell the movie to international audiences.

Junior Poster

Kids under 11 will love it but everone else....? Well what do you expect it's the same director from The Mummy.

Veteran Poster

It sucked. Total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    Dollars>patriotism

Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Professional Poster

Fact is, G.I. Joes from other countries were first produced over 40 years ago.

"In 1966, soldiers from other countries (France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USSR and the UK) joined the G.I. Joe line up. A Green Beret figure from Vietnam was also issued in the same year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe

Quote Originally Posted by scroller
    Fact is, G.I. Joes from other countries were first produced over 40 years ago.

"In 1966, soldiers from other countries (France, Germany, Japan, Australia, USSR and the UK) joined the G.I. Joe line up. A Green Beret figure from Vietnam was also issued in the same year."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe
    So it's a fact, G.I Joe is part of an international fighting force for freedom.

Legend and others will be happy to know that our Real American Hero has worked closely with G.I. Joes from other countries... Oh what am I saying, these are dolls we're talking about.

Anyone of you upset the Superman quote "The never ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way," was done away with?

What we have here is a conspiracy against the U.S. and our cartoon/toy/fictional heroes.