Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default F@#k Delta Airlines

This morning I arrived at the airport at 6:13 to catch a flight for 7:10 to Portland. However, they said It was too late for them to check my luggage. Apparently, I had to arrive atleast an hour before hand in order to get my luggage checked...So, I admit, I was 3 minutes late... . If I had gotten there at 6:09 I doubt they would of still checked my bags...so it all seems like bullshit to me. Anyways, after arguing with a dick-deprived bitch about the situation, I gave in and got into to the line she told me to to reschedule my flight.
    So, now I'm surrounded by bitter, depressed, angry passengers who've also been screwed over. After about 40 min., I finally get somewhere closed to the beginning of the line when another dick-deprived bitch shouted "If you've missed you're flight get into that line." ***sigh*** After arguing again, I got in the back of the other line (it was shorter than the other one).
    So, finally get to the counter and I explain my situation to one of the clerks. She looks up on the computer to see if there were any open seats on another flight. Of course there were none for today . She said that the next available flight would be on Saturday, which I couldn't take since that's the day the conference would end. Finally, she got on the phone with "someone" about a flight tomorrow but then told me I would have to pay a rescheduling fee or something like that. I asked her "how much?"...She said $800+ (This was in addition to what I already paid for my tickets!... ) I said "fuck it, I'll just get a refund". Her punk ass then gave me a customer service number to call....
    So, now that's my current mission: get my money back.

Thanks for letting me vent: .....Yeah, yeah, I know I should have gotten there 2 hours early, blah, blah, blah....

P.S. Fuck Delta Airlines....piece of shit airlines.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Good luck on getting a refund.
    Why didn't you just fly and have your luggage come on the next flight?

Pretty much ALL US major airlines are shit. UA is one of the worst I've ever flown.
    Try Virgin the next time if available.

Professional Poster

I've noticed SEVERE problems with Delta recently.

I believe they're being squeezed to the limit and this is going to continue as the economy is not so ideal.

Just fly another airline...

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai

Pretty much ALL US major airlines are shit. UA is one of the worst I've ever flown.
    just wondering what makes an airline bad for you?

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by addicted

Sitting next to someone like you?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

Senchai is right. All US airlines suck and that is a country that is supposed to have created the service economy. If I fly I almost always try for Singapore Airlines or Emirates, (almost as good but much cheaper). British Airways sucks as well, which is why they are losing so much money.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: F@#k Delta Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by mansamusa
    This morning I arrived at the airport at 6:13 to catch a flight for 7:10 to Portland. However, they said It was too late for them to check my luggage. Apparently, I had to arrive atleast an hour before hand in order to get my luggage checked...So, I admit, I was 3 minutes late... . If I had gotten there at 6:09 I doubt they would of still checked my bags...so it all seems like bullshit to me. Anyways, after arguing with a dick-deprived bitch about the situation, I gave in and got into to the line she told me to to reschedule my flight.
    So, now I'm surrounded by bitter, depressed, angry passengers who've also been screwed over. After about 40 min., I finally get somewhere closed to the beginning of the line when another dick-deprived bitch shouted "If you've missed you're flight get into that line." ***sigh*** After arguing again, I got in the back of the other line (it was shorter than the other one).
    So, finally get to the counter and I explain my situation to one of the clerks. She looks up on the computer to see if there were any open seats on another flight. Of course there were none for today . She said that the next available flight would be on Saturday, which I couldn't take since that's the day the conference would end. Finally, she got on the phone with "someone" about a flight tomorrow but then told me I would have to pay a rescheduling fee or something like that. I asked her "how much?"...She said $800+ (This was in addition to what I already paid for my tickets!... ) I said "fuck it, I'll just get a refund". Her punk ass then gave me a customer service number to call....
    So, now that's my current mission: get my money back.

Thanks for letting me vent: .....Yeah, yeah, I know I should have gotten there 2 hours early, blah, blah, blah....

P.S. Fuck Delta Airlines....piece of shit airlines.
    Actually if you did get there at 6:09 they would have checked you in. I work for a company tat builds and installs the conveyors at airports. I am assuming you are talking about an NYC airport from your location. The bigger airports have very large and complex conveyor systems to route baggage to an airplane. It can take upto an hour or more for a suitcase to get from check-in to the sortation device. It wasnt the "dick-deprived bitch" that wouldnt check you. The computer system that runs the conveyors has a preset close out time which will automatically prevent bags from being checked in after that preset time. Next time bring a carry on. After working this business I have learned never to check bags after seeing how the get handled.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy157
    Senchai is right. All US airlines suck and that is a country that is supposed to have created the service economy. If I fly I almost always try for Singapore Airlines or Emirates, (almost as good but much cheaper). British Airways sucks as well, which is why they are losing so much money.
    No experience of Singapore airlines, but, Emirites, Hell yeah, great service.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by addicted

Where do I start?
    Crabby air hostesses?
    Long queues to check in because their understaffed.
    Over priced flights.
    A 5.5 hr 1st Class flight that is worse than many airlines economy (UA to Hawaii).
    Zero flexibility.
    No able to spend your airmiles as you'd like or punitive costs of airmiles.

United are the worst.
    Hawaiian are a good US carrier.

Virgin, Singapore, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, SAS, KLM,Thai are all better than United, Continental and Delta.

Virgins's mileage program is awesome. 1st class - Shanghai to UK 50,000 miles one way, no black outs. United Economy 80,000 for lesser distance (Hawaii to Japan).

Junior Poster

Delta=
    D-Doesn't
    E-Ever
    L-Leave
    T-The
    A-Airport

I know of no experienced flyers who ever use them.I have had no major problems with American Airlines.They recently gave me a credit for a trip cancelled in January 2009.Could not fax hospital or Dr's statement though.I had to go the the Airport counter.Two people working their,one deleted a $24 hour charge for not using the Internet.I fly quite often on Tuesdays and I can not wait for them to have an overbooked flight.I just get near the customer counter and volunteer.Flight credit,free hotel,and $40 food credit for over two hour delay.