View Poll Results: Who do you think is the best soccer player in the world right now?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

10 58.82%
  • Henry (Arsenal)

0 0%
  • Kaka (AC Milan)

1 5.88%
  • Rooney (Manchester United)

3 17.65%
  • Schevchenko (AC Milan)

0 0%
  • Ibrahimovic (Juventus)

2 11.76%
  • Adriano (Inter Milan)

0 0%
  • Lampard (Chelsea)

0 0%
  • Other (please name)

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Poster

michael owen is hot tho so hes the best player

5 Star Poster

Maybe we need a new topic then Chica: Who's the hottest footballer in the world?

Personally I'm not into guys, but even I have to admit that David Beckham looks pretty damn good.

I hear Man United's Cristiano Ronaldo is quite a pin up boy too. As for Owen, I think he's a short guy with a flat head who can run really fast. Nothing more. Then again, I take it you support Newcastle.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

well my vote goes for Ronaldihno, with Christiano Ronaldo close second. Ronaldihno can playe striker or midfielder, and has great skill with with both feet. you cant give him a shot at a free kick cause he'll make yo u pay Christiano is a great wingman and is a threat to score or assist every time he touches the ball. he also very good at set pieces. hes only second cause hes not as good with his left foot as ronaldihno, but he can be as recently turned 21, and has a LONG career ahead of him.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

5 Star Poster

Another few things to consider , then:

Who will be the top player at this world cup, who will be top scorer and who will disappoint.

I think Rooney will not be fit enough to impress even if he goes to the World Cup. Ronaldinho should be impressive, Messi is a rising star, Cristiano Ronaldo can make a mark and maybe Robinho too. I look forward to seeing Fernando Torres play. I also expect Gabriel Heinze to impress.

Others who can impress: Vonlathen, German youngsters Podolsky and Schweinsteiger.

My money for top scorer would be on Adriano, van Nistelrooy or, if his team do well, Schevchenko. Or perhaps someone like Vonlathen (considering that beating Togo should be quite possible) or Torres (Spain's group include Saudi Arabia). Or could Baros repeat his Euro 2004 brilliance.

Some of the aging stars of football could make a hash of it this time. I'm not really expecting much of Figo. David Beckham seems to be getting worse all the time. And frankly I've just about had enough of watching Roberto Carlos and his substandard defending and the "Carlos-lite" Silvestre who is more or less okay for United but often wincingly bad for France. Liabilities, both of them, as are goalkeeprs Dida, Barthez and David James.

I also think that Peter Crouch is shit.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.