Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

SLC Punk I love this movie. Great soundtrack too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slcpercent20punk_957.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	267837  

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dirky
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirky
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy
    Currently that would have to be Sweet Movie. I rented it from the public library, I'm kind of amazed that it is even legal in the United States.
    Sounds intriguing...anyone mentioned 'Irreversible' with M. Bellucci? If you've seen it, you won't soon forget it.
    So many people have told me about Irreversible and I still haven't gotten around to seeing it. I must correct that situation soon. I gather it's not exactly a 'feel good' movie.
    No, not a feel good movie, not even with MB buck nekkid...it's that disturbing....but speaking of Sophia Loren's successor Monica...there's is also another riveting and a brilliant film of Monica's that you might wanna check out....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213847/
    Thanks for the heads up. Monica Bellucci is jaw-droppingly beautiful. If I ever met her in person I'd be a stuttering idiot.
    Finally caught Irreversible over the weekend and it is terrific. Unforgettable, indeed. I don't know why I waited so long to see this. It took me awhile to get a hang of the story told backwards (hence the title) but it's a mesmorizing film. The guy who gets his head bashed in during the beginning of the film must have had a helluva headache afterwards.

Junior Poster

Repo Man or Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly
    I am not sure if Mullhuland drive is considered a cult classic at this point, but that would be my other favorite.
    I dunno either, but great choice.

I watched Inland Empire a few months back, but I need to watch it again. It's non-linear to the extreme, and that's saying someyhing if you're familiar with David Lynch. But the acting is excellent, and so was the cinemaphotography. Kind of amazing too that it was shot on video. Anyway, Laura Dern was perfect in it. But, as usual, it was panned by the critics, like most of his work, because it was not a conventional plot.

Oh, and btw, Nina Simone is on the soundtrack doing "Sinnerman", and I fucking LOVE that song.

Rookie Poster

17 pages and these two arent even mentioned....GBAG also has to be one of the most memorable soundtracks of any spaghetti western.

"if you are going through hell, keep going" Winston Churchill.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly
    Kids in the Hall - Brain Candy
    I dont know if you heard but the Kids announced last week that they were getting back together and doing a new movie

Being from Canada my number one has to be Slapshot. This is followed close by Reservoir Dogs and Blade Runner

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

That's awesome , I love The Kids in the Hall. " I'm crushing your head "

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyDaly
    I am not sure if Mullhuland drive is considered a cult classic at this point, but that would be my other favorite.
    I dunno either, but great choice.

I watched Inland Empire a few months back, but I need to watch it again. It's non-linear to the extreme, and that's saying someyhing if you're familiar with David Lynch. But the acting is excellent, and so was the cinemaphotography.
    i would agree, as i really liked inland empire. nicole, you should check out a lynch short called 'lumiere'.

Junior Poster

Dunno if they've cropped up yet, but if we go by the definition someone gave at the start of the thread (bombed at theater, great resurgence once on video), then I'd say "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Starship Troopers."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit... what a ride!"
    -Anon-