Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do your research before packing the U-Haul. IF you have a job secured prior to arrival, it is a matter of finding housing close to where you are going to work and prices can change within a few blocks. IF your serious about moving here, you should do some employment research, submit some applications and set up interviews then come out and visit for a week or two to interview and scope out the area. Rents in some areas are coming down as there are new apartments (and condos that are being rented since there are few buyers) coming onto the market and landlords are fighting to get them filled. Will you have a vehicle or will you be using public transportation? Craigs list is actually a pretty good way to get a feel for the rents in various areas. Your heating bill will go down, but will be offset by the cost to run your air conditioner. I've lived in various parts of the country, but was born and raised here and still enjoy it. Best to take a test ride before buying LA as a new home. There was a thread the other day by someone who moved to LA from Seattle with a specific career goal in mind. The last thing I read was that he was close to packing up and heading back to Seattle as his finances were almost gone. There are alot of great things about So Cal and some that are not so great, one of which is being here with no job and no money. I have to think it would be tough to go home to shovel snow after spending a winter here. Good luck.

Before You Attempt to Beat the Odds, Be Sure You Could Survive The Odds Beating You.

Junior Poster

much appreciated for all the responses. I would have a vehicle and I would just transfer from my current job.

Im in LA now North Hollywood 1Bdrm 900-1200

Studio 650-1000
    And to think I complain about rent in Chicago

My sister suggested that I move to Las Vegas (where she stays) for a little while, stack up some money and then make the move, which is up for consideration.

its a baaaad market there
    That's what I hear and what other people have been telling me also, this is another thing that has crossed my mind.

They didn't give us 40 acres and a mule, so we took 50 states and the White House