Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default The best Verizon Wireless phones? Any tips?

So I have finally decided to upgrade my cellphone. I have had the original EnV for several years and felt it was time to upgrade. When I went to the Verizon store the employee suggested the Blackberry Curve ($50 with Two Year commitment). One of the reasons why I want to upgrade is to get one with an improved camera. The Blackberry Curve is 2.0MP which is the same as my EnV. I must admit though that after talking to him and researching online a bit the Blackberry does sound pretty cool. Does anyone have any experience with the Curve?

A couple other phones I was looking at were the EnV 3($70), EnV Touch($100), Blackberry Tour ($200), and the Casio Exilim ($270). The latter two are real long shots since I don't want to spend that much right now. With that said I might be swayed if I heard enough good things about the Casio Exilim.

I was hoping the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD or iPHONE would be available soon through Verizon but it doesn't look like it sadly.

I have the personality and people skills of a retarded home-schooled kid.

Platinum Poster

i have the new lg en-v touch

ive had every model of en-v for the last 4yrs

i love this phone picture quality is pretty good too and if you like to text or use the internet for emails... this phone is amazing for it

the photo was huge so i deleted it... but it took my avatar

Veteran Poster

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind seeing the huge picture. The bigger the better. This would be for educational purposes only of course. To help me see what the phone is truly capable of

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I've got the Dare myself. 3.2 megapixel camera! Below is a picture sized 1280x960. I normally don't take indoor pictures with it though. Daytime pictures taken outside are a LOT better. The second picture was taken while I was up in Frisco at Coit Tower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0730092226_972.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	259361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0220091420_200.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	259366  

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGeech
    Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind seeing the huge picture. The bigger the better. This would be for educational purposes only of course. To help me see what the phone is truly capable of
    always happy to oblige when possible

Platinum Poster

lol it has this feature when taking pics called the "makeover" ... it makes the contrast and brightness feature higher when taking it... in reg size versions it makes the pic look awesome w/ a slight glow.... but full sized like this it looks weird i see

I have the EnV2. Will be upgrading to the
    EnV3 soon.

Platinum Poster

i have on one of my lines my original "v" before it was called the "en-v" ... on my other line.... ive had the "v", the "en-v", the "en-v2", the "voyager", the samsung omnia, and now the "en-v touch"

the en-v2 was the worst of the v's

Veteran Poster

Cool. Thanks for the sample pictures everyone. Those are nice but they definitely look like cell phone shots. Guess using a SLR has spoiled me a bit. If anyone else has any suggestions or sample images I would be very grateful if you posted them.

Veteran Poster

Hmmm. After a bit of online research it looks like the Samsung Omnia 2 is going to come out soon. Possibly in September. I think I might wait another month or so and see what it can offer. With that said I would love any further tips or recommendations.