Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Grand Theft Auto:The Ballad of Gay Tony. WTF!!

lol What the fuck! This may be old news to some of you but not to me.

The only official words I have found about this are...

"The Ballad of Gay Tony injects Liberty City with an overdose of guns, glitz, and grime. As Luis Lopez, part-time hoodlum and full-time assistant to legendary nightclub impresario Tony Prince (aka "Gay Tony"), players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price."

This is going to be interesting.

It has been pointed out that on Xboxlive the word gay or anything that could be a reference to homosexuality in general is censored. So how are they going to sell the ballad of gay tony. I suspects that someone at Rockstar thought about that in advance, just to pour some salt in Microsoft's eye.

What do ya'll think of this?

New information see the very last post for it.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

It will also be packed ( no pun intended ) w/ The Lost and the Damned on a disc and sold at retail stores later.
    If downloaded then you must have a copy of GTA 4 to play it , not so w/ the retail disc as it's ... well on it's own disc.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly
    It will also be packed ( no pun intended ) w/ The Lost and the Damned on a disc and sold at retail stores later.
    I suppose since the economy tanked, enough people won't have the broad band it will take to make downloading reasonable.

In GTA IV on the internet in the game at lovemeet.com there was a profile of a transsexual woman. I'll bet she'll be in this one. I can't wait to see this.

Platinum Poster

so is this chick toon 'gay tony'?

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

It should be fun ... c'mon it's GTA ! I cant wait for Red Dead Redemption to come out ... GTA meets Deadwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    nah Tony is some fat guy you trick to go on a date with you so you can kill him or something, don't remember

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

Platinum Poster

charming

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa87
    That's exactly what i thought when I first saw that picture. Even then "gay" as in queen/transsexual (to rockstar they would be the same thing i'm sure) or "gay" as in a lesbain woman. You have to admit a classy cartoon of a attractive transwoman could look like that though... look at the shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    nah Tony is some fat guy you trick to go on a date with you so you can kill him or something, don't remember
    No that was somebody else. You remember those diamonds that everyone was fighting over, those were Tony's diamonds.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

gay means happy right?

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections
    gay means happy right?
    Perhaps in 1909 it did.

Anywhooo. This is a pretty good website someone made about it. In particular this page shows the characters. It appears that the woman in the picture is not how gay tony ends up. Though I think it would be cool to have a game with a major charcter who was trans. If you play the missions in GTAIV and TLAD where Tony shows up he is clearly not just merry and gay...he is a homosexual.