Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara
    Quote Originally Posted by archineer
    As far as healthcare is concerned i'm so glad I live in a first world country. Maybe someday America willl join the club.......
    Hope you don't ever get cancer or anything serious. Unless of course you can afford some quality American doctors.
    Haha! The NHS actualy (for the most part) works quite well despite the press horror stories. You know the U.S. is ranked 37th in the world for healthcare right?
    Right, because the UN weights universal access as the most important aspect of healthcare. The US still ranks first in quality of care. So you can enjoy being given painkillers for deadly diseases and I'll enjoy having doctors who actually work to cure me. Cheers!
    Painkillers for deadly diseases? Where do you get that from? Actualy The WHO report was based on five factors:

1. Health Level: 25 percent

2. Health Distribution:25 percent

3. Responsiveness: 12.5 percent

4. Responsiveness Distribution: 12.5 percent

5. Financial Fairness: 25 percent

Rookie Poster

As far as healthcare is concerned i'm so glad I live in a first world country. Maybe someday America willl join the club.......
    Hope you don't ever get cancer or anything serious. Unless of course you can afford some quality American doctors.
    Haha! The NHS actualy (for the most part) works quite well despite the press horror stories. You know the U.S. is ranked 37th in the world for healthcare right?
    Right, because the UN weights universal access as the most important aspect of healthcare. The US still ranks first in quality of care. So you can enjoy being given painkillers for deadly diseases and I'll enjoy having doctors who actually work to cure me. Cheers!
    Painkillers for deadly diseases? Seriously?
    I'm guessing you're in your younger years. Make sure if you get anything serious, you do it now. Once you pass age 50, your value to the state is greater as soylent green

Junior Poster

Painkillers for deadly diseases? Seriously?
    I'm guessing you're in your younger years. Make sure if you get anything serious, you do it now. Once you pass age 50, your value to the state is greater as soylent green
    I'm 30 and have had a serious illness for the last 7 years. Thankfully i'm recovered now. The picture you're painting is frankly misleading. The state dosen't leave you to die simply because you're over 50, thats just absurd. Besides the care you recieve is the decision of you're doctor. (ok nice hasen't approved some of the latest drugs but these have little to no benefit over existing drugs). I've family members much older that me who've recieved excellent care - My father was in hospital recently and the only complaint he had was they ran out of teaspoons! I've no doubt the U.S. ranks number one in quality of care- at least for emergencies, but what use is it when the average person, even with insurance is one major illness away from bankruptcy? There are countries with UHC where the quality of care you recive is as good as the U.S.- France for example.

That is, unless you're one of those stigmatized demographics, like trans people are.

The up to 5-6 year wait times to start HRT in some parts of the UK shows even there its a fucked up system whenever it comes to socially volatile scenarios.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Junior Poster

yeah, it used to be that comedians worked for free too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    yeah, it used to be that comedians worked for free too.
    Or professors for that matter

Fuck this 40+k college expense, few hundreds of years ago I could have had Socrates... and for free

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all