Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Kung fu Kid(Karate Kid remake)

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    For some odd reason will smith thinks he can remake that classic movie with jackie chan as mr.miyagi and his son as daniel.I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a disaster it turns out to be.
    I'm looking forward to not seeing it.

...stir it up and pass it around.

Junior Poster

like someone posted on the IMDb boards there... it went to the effect of how'd people react to seeing a 10-year old african american kid washing cars, cleaning a house, fixing fences...

Junior Poster

Pat Morita(mr. miyagi) was my father's best friend................. R.I.P. Pat

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

I can't buy into this crap! Will is simply exploiting his kid IMO. I mean after all, what parent wouldn't like their kids to be well known or a house hold name like other famous celebrity kids like Suri Cruise, Shiloh Pitt etc. ? And those kids were already famous even before they learned to crawl! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

lol.. hollywood must be hurting bad for profit... or they've just completely run out of ideas. you'll know they've hit rock bottom when they try to remake the godfather... *shivers*

Professional Poster

Hollywood is now beyond pathetic.

For years they have been foisting remakes of old movies and TV shows down our throats. Now they're remaking movies that are barely 20 years old.

At this rate they'll be remaking The Lord Of the Rings Trilogy within the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by a994
    Hollywood is now beyond pathetic.

For years they have been foisting remakes of old movies and TV shows down our throats. Now they're remaking movies that are barely 20 years old.

At this rate they'll be remaking The Lord Of the Rings Trilogy within the next two years.
    well... for me, the only time i really get excited for a new movie is when i hear it's been directed either by p.t. anderson, david lynch, or the coen brothers.

Veteran Poster

Looks like nobody can come up with any original ideas for movies anymore. I guess they are going green and recycling old ideas.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

I don't this is a case of Will Smith forcing his son to become an actor, I think it's about a spoiled rich Hollywood seed who thinks he's a star and his loving Daddy wanting to make his dreams come true.

Memo to Will; you boy ain't got IT like that!!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BiCuriousGeorge
    I don't hate the fact that they are remaking the Karate Kid but not with Will Smith's kid. Sounds like it is only intended for little kids and teens. I hate kiddie and teen movies. I love Vampire stuff like True Blood and Queen of the Damned but I won't watch Twilight.
    Watching Twilight in the theaters is one of my new favorite activities. Not because I like the movie. I like watching all the people straight and gay fawning over Edward. The house moms are the best!