Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I agree with Nicole on this topic... Family is family always, and I would understand if a guy do not want to introduce the girl to his family, but if they having a steady relationship for a long period of time then it is because the guy is pretty serious about the whole situation and it is time to meet the parents.

It is a little of an awkward situation (been there), and it is normal for the man to be nervous about the family finding her T, but if they both know how to deal with the situation and be ready in case they find out , well it is up to them.

But ultimately it is more about the man to decide what he really wants, if he wants her or not... I haven't heard lately about family disowning anyone, I think families do get shocked at first and just kinda learn how to deal with it, may be they do not accept the Gurl in the family but to the man they always keep in touch with him, idk , it's hard to know how someone would react in this situation, specially for the parents and how much this would hurt the guy and his relationship.

When I met my husband family nobody clocked me but I was pretty nervous, at the wedding in the church I did not invite any TS but my sister ( who is pretty passable ) at the party I sat my husband's family away from my gay friends and some of the T girls I invite to my weeding, when they were asking about who were those people my husband told them that I work with some of them , lol ! but I made sure that they wouldn't even talk to my friends... Although I think my husband's sister was talking to some of them but still no one said a thing. I even had my Brother-in-law hitting at me a couple times ( that's how fucked up family can be)

Love...

Cinthya.

"I used to dream, it became a reality. Now the reality it feels like a dream..." You are who you truly believe you are, I am now the one my mirror reflected .

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: Question for the girls

Quote Originally Posted by jjhill
    What if you're dating a guy and he doesn't bring you around his family for the simple fact that he could possibly get disowned? Friends come and go, but family is different. I basically almost turned my back on my family when I dated a white gg cuz they was against it. We're now broken up but I still have my family. So I was just curious.

I'm going to flip the script a bit, and give the converse of that equation.

I don't bring someone I'm dating around my family or friends until I am
    certain that the guy is sane and stable, not that I would intentionally date
    a nut case, but I am very, very protective of my family and true friends.

As to your original question, I've always met the family, friends and co -
    workers. I'm not clocky, I'm quite gregarious, have great inter-personal
    skills, and their family and friends are usually quiite fond of me.

It may not be the huge problem you foresee, if the relationship is stable
    and she is the right girl.

It's alot like bringing alot of differrent men or women around your kids if
    you have any, you have to think carefully about who and when you let
    people around your kids.