Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster blonde_sweetheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmaria
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    whats the point with concerning yourself in other ppls actions

who gives a fuck.... u dont wanna see trannies on tv? fine. turn the channel... geez
    YOU BE TROLLING

as are you, im sure theres a taco stand somewhere in need of you

LMAO.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: What's the point of T-girls going on Talk shows?

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Has there been any benefit for a girl to be a guest on these shows?
    Publicity
    (refrains from saying duh, but....)

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Publicity
    (refrains from saying duh, but....)
    Did any of the girls get more publicity simply from that?

Veteran Poster

Did any of the girls get more publicity simply from that?
    Why wouldn't they?

Rookie Poster

To me it doesn't seem like it would be enough exposure. Maybe one of those MTV specials or it may be VH1, not sure, "true life" or something like that where they follow you around for a whole episode.

Don't you just love the scales of justice?

Veteran Poster

To me it doesn't seem like it would be enough exposure. Maybe one of those MTV specials or it may be VH1, not sure, "true life" or something like that where they follow you around for a whole episode.
    I'm sure the girls would love to have a show like that but they aren't given that opportunity yet.

Let's use Kelly Shore as an example. Let's say Kelly goes on Maury. The audience is snickering and condescending as they usually are. But supposed one percent of that audience (including the ones watching at home) become intrigued by Kelly and start checking out her website and movies. Wouldn't that make it worthwhile going on a program like Maury's?

Rookie Poster

It is definitely a possibility. I have watched some of those episodes though, and man the crowd can be vicious. I definitely give them props though because that much venom tends to sting.

Don't you just love the scales of justice?

Professional Poster

So I was thinking... Many of the girls on this forum as well as many other girls have gone on Jerry Springer, Maury, and what not.

The first reason I could think that a girl might go on would be an attempt to inform the general public of transsexual issues...but the audience that these shows attract would make that seem less likely.... No?

Reason 2 - Is it for the fame?...Aren't these shows merely the proverbial 15 minutes of fame? It would seem like that to me. Does 1 appearance on these shows really expose a girl? Seems unlikely again.

Furthermore many times the audience is completely hostile towards the girl, call her names, asking rude questions, and generally degrading the girl.

So I am hard pressed to see a benefit. Am I wrong, partially right, or way off base?
    Nearly 100% of the time it's done by working girls so they can expand their base of "Johns."

Oh, and while they're at it, they completely demean transsexual women, as a whole, make themselves and all other women like themselves be seen as 'freaks' instead of true women with a condition, which probably slips into the minds of the countless abusers and murders of tgirls all over the world.

But, it's all just 'fun', right??

So I was thinking... Many of the girls on this forum as well as many other girls have gone on Jerry Springer, Maury, and what not.

why does there have to be a benefit?

perhaps the girl going on the show might be happy and secure enough with herself that she doesn't give a fuck what anybody else thinks and maybe she just feels that it might be cool to actually be on tv.

My view, these idiots say they want to be treated as equals but turn up and get paid to appear on shows that are little more than freak shows for retards. Hypocrites like that piss me off. You show the courage to stand for what you believe in +100 respect points, you destroy that by appearing on one of those -1,000 respect points. You are now on the level of Perez Hilton and Chris Crocker.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.