Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: GOTH THREAD

Junior Poster

Love your poetry Alyssa87, very good stuff , you have talent and looks , damn girl you got it going , keep on doing what you do

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

You complete me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f_emohearti_5007m_4e0f9e0_140.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	256063  

mrtron Rookie Poster

wow you've got skills alyssa87 i'm impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    Yo if it wasn't for your whip I'd have nothing to strip
    If it wasn't for wrist's I'd have nothing to slit
    Woah, hold on....

If you want it to count, it's down the road, not across the street!

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Sarah ... will you accept my heart

Name:	anotheremoheart_133.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	256081  

Just saw this.....

Emoteme

Roses are red
    Flowers are blue
    So am I
    Meet me at Starbucks
    We'll Twitter the tears away
    Bring your Amex
    I'll bring my iPhone

Name:	emo_853199981_237056q7yuxu3mnx_727.gif 
Views:	489 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	256082  

haha i posted this as a blog originally since this thread is here i post it here too.

Me on goth subculture:

Code:
    Goth fashion is stereotyped as a dark, sometimes morbid, eroticized fashion and style of dress. Typical gothic fashion includes dyed black hair, dark eyeliner, black fingernails, black period-styled clothing; goths may or may not have piercings. Styles are often borrowed from the Elizabethan, Victorian or medieval period and often express Catholic, Wiccan or other religious imagery such as crucifixes, pentagrams or ankhs. The extent to which goths hold to this style varies amongst individuals as well as geographical locality, though virtually all Goths wear some of these elements. Fashion designers, such as Alexander McQueen and John Galliano, have also been described as practicing "Haute Goth". Goth fashion is often confused with heavy metal fashion outsiders often mistake fans of heavy metal for goth, particularly those who wear black trench coats, Tripp pants or wear "corpse paint" (a term associated with the black metal music scene).

Now let's get into what Traditional Goths listen to. Traditional Gothic music (at it's initial stage simply called Goth or Goth Rock) is a branch of the post-punk era of the 1970's. Siouxsie & The Banshees were the earliest group to have ever been given the "goth" label. Although they didn't like it, they ran with it, and eventually embraced it. The 1980's is really were gothic subculture in music lifted off. With such artists as The Bahuas, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, and Real Life. They paved a road which gave way to early industrial at the time Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, and Ministry were the earliest.

Fast forward about 5 more years. Enter the age of Cyberpunk and Bondage. By Bondage, I don't mean BDSM. I'm referring to the ridiculous outfits people wear� that have pointless straps of cloth material or chains (and usually d-rings) attached on to and left to dangle and get caught in your bike spokes. At any rate, the Cyberpunk and Bondage ear have made it hard to clarify what is Gothic, and what is just people who like weird styles of clothing and being different. Let's get something clear for anyone curious. Bondage is not a gothic style. It is a Metal head style. Cyberpunk is just that, punks in tight futuristic looking, but mildly gothic in style, outfits usually consisting of latex or vinyl, and the occasional leather outfit.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong. Those are all metal, rock, and punk groups. Like those group's fans, they also get confused for somehow being affiliated in the long run with goths.

Fast forward 5 more years. Enter the age of Emo. According to most Traditional Goths, Emo is similar to "punk for pussies," as a fellow in Australia told me. What, they have Goths in the down under?

At any rate the Emo scene, extends into Screamo, Metalcore, Straight Edge, and Hardcore sub-cultures. Think of Emo's as birds. You have a bunch of different kinds of birds.

Now the difference lies herein... 9 out of 10 "emos" or whichever ever you'd like to call them, they're all the same, (yes, they are.. there is no point for you to try and prove, I will not entertain your arguments, it's that simple, sorry, not really, deal with it) do not have bad lives at all. They, in fact, have nothing to be emotional about. Well maybe if their best friend dies... you know the one... Fluffy... he was a great hamster. But most of them get the world handed to them on a platter by their families and spit in their faces. Emos are associated with Goths because of the black clothing, eyeliner and occasional depressing song a Goth may turn on. Emos don't connect with music like Goths do. They do not listen to even vaguely similar music. Stand an Emo next to a Goth and they look nothing a like. It's like standing a rabid wolvering next to a bunny.. and let's face it... in this scenario, emos are very fluffy. (theres that word again... fluffy, that must mean something)

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong.

In the long run everyone will label themselves as something. It's called tribal association. It has existed since the age of Mesopotamia, the earliest know civilization to human kind. Everyone will flock to groups of similar interest. Hence why it so fucking hard to tell who's who and what's what.

One more thing, before it's thrown out there.... I understand people venture outside their little boxes and listen something different now and then. It doesn't change the label you associate yourself with. See you may call yourself goth, but unless you have the mentality of a goth, you aren't one. (you know like that juggalo thing, if you don't have the mentality of a juggalo your just a poser, the same principle applies here.) Although you may not be a poser per say... Over all it's not about what you listen to or how you dress but how you think, act, feel, and live your life. However appearance and preference plays a major role in tribal association. If your an emo, your not gonna go hang out with a group of wiggers and thugs are you? No.. your going to look for others like you.. straight edges kids, scene kids, whatever.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to have a friend who listens to rap and all you listen to is metal... that's just a retard conclusion for you, the reader, to draw. What I'm saying is when you find yourself in a large group, who do you see around you? EXACTLY, other people like you!

But let me make this clear... there is no such thing as a person who listens to "EVERYTHING." Let me put on some fucking Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, or Barbra Streisand.. shit no one but your grand parents could even listen to... You listen to everything... my fucking ass you do.

I hope this help cleared up any questions you may have had (or self doubts) about Gothic subculture.
    i wrote this all like two months ago i figured i'd share

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    haha i posted this as a blog originally since this thread is here i post it here too.

Me on goth subculture:

Code:
    Goth fashion is stereotyped as a dark, sometimes morbid, eroticized fashion and style of dress. Typical gothic fashion includes dyed black hair, dark eyeliner, black fingernails, black period-styled clothing; goths may or may not have piercings. Styles are often borrowed from the Elizabethan, Victorian or medieval period and often express Catholic, Wiccan or other religious imagery such as crucifixes, pentagrams or ankhs. The extent to which goths hold to this style varies amongst individuals as well as geographical locality, though virtually all Goths wear some of these elements. Fashion designers, such as Alexander McQueen and John Galliano, have also been described as practicing "Haute Goth". Goth fashion is often confused with heavy metal fashion outsiders often mistake fans of heavy metal for goth, particularly those who wear black trench coats, Tripp pants or wear "corpse paint" (a term associated with the black metal music scene).

Now let's get into what Traditional Goths listen to. Traditional Gothic music (at it's initial stage simply called Goth or Goth Rock) is a branch of the post-punk era of the 1970's. Siouxsie & The Banshees were the earliest group to have ever been given the "goth" label. Although they didn't like it, they ran with it, and eventually embraced it. The 1980's is really were gothic subculture in music lifted off. With such artists as The Bahuas, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, and Real Life. They paved a road which gave way to early industrial at the time Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, and Ministry were the earliest.

Fast forward about 5 more years. Enter the age of Cyberpunk and Bondage. By Bondage, I don't mean BDSM. I'm referring to the ridiculous outfits people wear� that have pointless straps of cloth material or chains (and usually d-rings) attached on to and left to dangle and get caught in your bike spokes. At any rate, the Cyberpunk and Bondage ear have made it hard to clarify what is Gothic, and what is just people who like weird styles of clothing and being different. Let's get something clear for anyone curious. Bondage is not a gothic style. It is a Metal head style. Cyberpunk is just that, punks in tight futuristic looking, but mildly gothic in style, outfits usually consisting of latex or vinyl, and the occasional leather outfit.

Confusion... if you think Disturbed, Slipknot, Mindless Self Indulgence, Korn, Static X, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson (shock rock, not goth.. let's be intelligent people), Retard-O-Bot, Jack Off Jill, Atari Teenage Riot or Rob Zombie are gothic... you'd be very wrong. Those are all metal, rock, and punk groups. Like those group's fans, they also get confused for somehow being affiliated in the long run with goths.

Fast forward 5 more years. Enter the age of Emo. According to most Traditional Goths, Emo is similar to "punk for pussies," as a fellow in Australia told me. What, they have Goths in the down under?

At any rate the Emo scene, extends into Screamo, Metalcore, Straight Edge, and Hardcore sub-cultures. Think of Emo's as birds. You have a bunch of different kinds of birds.

Now the difference lies herein... 9 out of 10 "emos" or whichever ever you'd like to call them, they're all the same, (yes, they are.. there is no point for you to try and prove, I will not entertain your arguments, it's that simple, sorry, not really, deal with it) do not have bad lives at all. They, in fact, have nothing to be emotional about. Well maybe if their best friend dies... you know the one... Fluffy... he was a great hamster. But most of them get the world handed to them on a platter by their families and spit in their faces. Emos are associated with Goths because of the black clothing, eyeliner and occasional depressing song a Goth may turn on. Emos don't connect with music like Goths do. They do not listen to even vaguely similar music. Stand an Emo next to a Goth and they look nothing a like. It's like standing a rabid wolvering next to a bunny.. and let's face it... in this scenario, emos are very fluffy. (theres that word again... fluffy, that must mean something)

Confusion.... If you think HIM, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, or Saves The Day is in any shape or form Gothic.. you'd be so wrong.

In the long run everyone will label themselves as something. It's called tribal association. It has existed since the age of Mesopotamia, the earliest know civilization to human kind. Everyone will flock to groups of similar interest. Hence why it so fucking hard to tell who's who and what's what.

One more thing, before it's thrown out there.... I understand people venture outside their little boxes and listen something different now and then. It doesn't change the label you associate yourself with. See you may call yourself goth, but unless you have the mentality of a goth, you aren't one. (you know like that juggalo thing, if you don't have the mentality of a juggalo your just a poser, the same principle applies here.) Although you may not be a poser per say... Over all it's not about what you listen to or how you dress but how you think, act, feel, and live your life. However appearance and preference plays a major role in tribal association. If your an emo, your not gonna go hang out with a group of wiggers and thugs are you? No.. your going to look for others like you.. straight edges kids, scene kids, whatever.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to have a friend who listens to rap and all you listen to is metal... that's just a retard conclusion for you, the reader, to draw. What I'm saying is when you find yourself in a large group, who do you see around you? EXACTLY, other people like you!

But let me make this clear... there is no such thing as a person who listens to "EVERYTHING." Let me put on some fucking Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, or Barbra Streisand.. shit no one but your grand parents could even listen to... You listen to everything... my fucking ass you do.

I hope this help cleared up any questions you may have had (or self doubts) about Gothic subculture.
    i wrote this all like two months ago i figured i'd share
    I listen to everything

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryz
    Yo if it wasn't for your whip I'd have nothing to strip
    If it wasn't for wrist's I'd have nothing to slit
    Woah, hold on....
    If you want it to count, it's down the road, not across the street!

That's just mean!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!