Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Becoming a Tgirl

I think a lot of members, at one time or another, think about becoming a TS. Some go ahead and some don’t. For those still considering, I thought I would talk about some of the things I considered. Each person’s situation will be different depending on their own circumstances, and maybe some of the girls who made the transition would like to add their comments at the end. I was surprised by how many facets of my life would change. The following is just some of them:

Have you noticed how much attention GG’s put on their appearance? – female physical preparation has become a science, so if you are going to become a TS, you need to become familiar with that science or else you are going to be a shabby looking girl. It is not just a case of putting on make-up. You have to get make up that matches your skin tone. You have a lot to learn, and you may look stupid and make mistakes until you come across the make-up combination that works for you. I suggest you experiment before you decide to make the transition. When you have found something that works for you, you will know if you can pass as the woman or look like a man in drag.

You will probably have to pluck your eye-brows, and this can be done in different ways – do you have someone to show you?

The same goes for clothes. As a woman you will want to wear different shades and this will affect the femininity of your appearance. You will need to learn what style and shape of clothes matches your body shape.

The best TS’s are always slim but if you lose weight, you could lose body fat that softens your face. On the other hand, if you put on weight to look more feminine, it could go to the wrong places and you end up looking like a fat girl.

In my case, I am a feminine looking man, but that doesn’t mean I would become a feminine looking woman after transition. I could end up looking half and half; a masculine looking woman.

You may also want to consider the effect it has on your existing relationships. How will your friends, family and work-place respond? Would it affect how you do your job? Would you want to get a new one? If so – what?

If it is too difficult for you and involves too many changes in your life-style, you might want to consider other options. That normally involves a dual life-style; acting as others expect during the day and in the evening exploring your femininity. I think it is best to explore and experiment as much as possible before you make the leap. That way you know you are doing the right thing.

I think another issue is age. I think teenagers have so much confusion in their lives, that a transition like this could make it worse. On the other hand, I think it is easier to make a change when you’re younger as your relationships are not so well established. You have greater opportunity to shape your future without saying goodbye to so much past. I thought I might be too old and some of my good friends may feel uncomfortable with me as a woman. Of course, we like to think that if they are good friends they won’t care. That might be true with some of them. Some of the more conservative friends will still accept me, they just won’t feel so comfortable, and this could affect the relationship. How much do you have to risk?

I made the personal choice not to transition and it was a balance of issues that I considered. There were a large number of issues I considered and deep down inside I can’t help but feel my sexuality is more feminine than masculine. One issue that I had to deal with that others might not is the issue of physical strength. If you are going to become a TS you want slim shoulders. Last year I had a sexual experience that involved some force being used against me and this had two affects. It made me feel less of a man and more inclined to make the transition, but it also made me feel vulnerable and I wanted to build up my strength, so I went to the gym and started to work on my strength – this meant I should not become a TS or else I would look silly.

If you decide to make the transition, part of me would be jealous. I am thankful that so many have made the transition or else we wouldn’t have so many lovely ladies on this website. Your choice will be very individual, and I hope you make the wisest decision for you.

You're too big. no .... oh.. awl..

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Becoming a Tgirl

I think talking about who should or should not transition is too subjective, and that it's more important for the person in question to decide HOW they will transition.

But it sounds like writing this was some type of cathartic experience for you. So I sense that you're almost talking to yourself in this post; rationalizing your choices, or lack there of. I empathize to a degree, but I don't think you're enlightening anyone here.

Imo there is never a truly convenient time or perfect situation for transitioning. It's always a steep learning curve, even when you start out looking fairly decent.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

i would never ever consider trying it. Id be one fucked up looking chick

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: Becoming a Tgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre
    I think talking about who should or should not transition is too subjective, and that it's more important for the person in question to decide HOW they will transition.

But it sounds like writing this was some type of cathartic experience for you. So I sense that you're almost talking to yourself in this post; rationalizing your choices, or lack there of. I empathize to a degree, but I don't think you're enlightening anyone here.

Imo there is never a truly convenient time or perfect situation for transitioning. It's always a steep learning curve, even when you start out looking fairly decent.
    Cosign.

~BB~

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

In China, Sex change surgery guidelines was being drafted.

17th June 2009

Shan Juan

China is set to issue its first clinical guideline on sex-change surgery, according to a notice put on the website of the Ministry of Health Tuesday.

The ministry is now soliciting public and professional opinions on the draft guideline. The coming guideline aims to regulate and standardize sex reassignment surgery, part of a treatment for gender identity disorder in transsexuals.

In the draft, the MOH sets minimum criteria for both surgical candidates and medical institutions.

Candidates for the surgery must be older than 20 and single, the draft guideline said.

They are also required to prove a persistent desire for a sex change, to live for at least five consecutive years full-time in the new gender role, and to engage in mental therapy for at least one year.

Also, several legal requirements must be met before the procedure.

The candidate must provide proof from police that he or she has does not have any criminal offenses in the past.

Police must also agree to change the sex status on the identity card of the prospective receiver before the operation can take place.

Qiu Renzong, bioethicist at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said he believes this last requirement is not appropriate.

SOURCE: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...nt_8291586.htm

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    The candidate must provide proof from police that he or she has does not have any criminal offenses in the past.

Police must also agree to change the sex status on the identity card of the prospective receiver before the operation can take place.
    Between those two policies, Chinese-endorsed transitioning just got a kiss of death.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

Between those two policies, Chinese-endorsed transitioning just got a kiss of death.
    It's because they're grandstanding. In a few years you'll be reading about how enlightened the Chinese government is on the matter and how the lives of these women have improved since their surgeries. What they won't tell you however, is that most of them could have afforded it on their own while those who require the assistance are forced to suffer.

I love the Chinese politicians. They're so crafty.

~BB~

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

What caught me was this:

They are also required to prove a persistent desire for a sex change, to live for at least five consecutive years full-time in the new gender role, and to engage in mental therapy for at least one year.
    Could you just imagine if that was a universal policy on transitioning transgenders?

lol

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Senior Member Platinum Poster

It used to be that actually WANTING to be a pre-op was a huge no-no. 20 yrs ago or so, the first thing they did when you said you wanted to live as a woman was to castrate you. If you said you wanted to be a woman but keep your penis; you'd have as much luck being taken seriously, as you would if you told them you were Santa Claus.

What caught me was this:

Could you just imagine if that was a universal policy on transitioning transgenders?

lol

~Kisses.

HTG
    That's pretty much what it's like under NHS in the UK, is it not? The waiting lists just to get the diagnosis to get on HRT can be up to 5-6 years depending on where you're located... and if you're DIY they used to insist you stop cold turkey and stay off it for 2 years to get slips. The only people who transition fast in the UK are the ones who can afford to pay out of pocket threw private health care.

The gender clinics here used to take a hard line "you have to be FT for 1-2 years to get hrt" stance, and I'm sure they would again if they could somehow regain control of American trans health care.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all