Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Nia's right.............and fione

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...actors_1109828

LONG BLASTS SINGERS-TURNED-ACTORS

Actress NIA LONG has slammed pop stars who launch a movie career - insisting they should stick to singing.
    The Big Momma's House actress has hit out at multi-talented stars like Beyonce Knowles who have swapped the recording studio for a film set.
    She is adamant it's wrong for singers to make the move into cinema - because they're simply utilised to draw a bigger audience.
    Asked by British magazine Pride what she thought of Knowles' acting abilities, Long said: "I didn’t see Obsessed, so I can’t comment, but it’s just not about how talented you are anymore. It’s about, ‘How much box office revenue will this person generate?’ When you see certain people - we won’t name names - they just don’t have the skill, and no one in their team has said, ‘You need acting classes'.
    "If you’re a singer not an actress, you should sing. If you’re a rapper, you should rap. If you take time to develop your craft, God bless you. Jamie Foxx is an example of both (actor and singer).”

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

She need to worry about her own career and stop being a hater.
    She aint exactly a household name so she need to work on herself.
    We all know a lot of people are jealous of Beyonce....Im not even a Beyonce fan but it is what it is.

She is not earth shatteringly good looking either.
    Her filmography does NOT illicit awe.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    We all know a lot of people are jealous of Beyonce....Im not even a Beyonce fan but it is what it is.

Dude you calling anyone a "hater" is really funny anyway she speaks the truth and i give her props for not being a coward, don't hate on her for speaking the truth.People like beyonce and timberlake get roles because of their name even though a kid in a school play has more acting ability then they do.

Its not like she is Halle Berry....you know an actress people KNOW and care about.
    You mention her name and people are like WHO??????
    She is not a nobody but she is one step up from that.
    I agree Beyonce isnt the most talented girl out there and I hate Justin Timberlake but this is business.
    In case you havent noticed there isnt a lot of quality coming from Hollywood lately and a lot of other places too.
    Its not just in the film business where you see this cut throat bottom dollar mentality.....a lot of endeavors formerly though of as artistic are no longer such....ITS JUST BUSINESS NOW.

I hate it more than anyone but then again I just dont watch a lot of movies.

Gold Poster

Its not like she is Halle Berry....you know an actress people KNOW and care about.
    You mention her name and people are like WHO??????

Who are you kidding if it was halle who made the statement you'd still throw personal insults at her.Who cares a f**k if nia isn't a household name she made a valid point if you would get out of your ballroom queen hating mentality you would have known that.

Junior Poster

theres a couple singers that havent done too bad in acting roles..... but whats even worse IMO is actors turning to music....example: Joaquin Phoenix giving up acting to "rap"? wtf!

You need to learn to conjugate your verbs like an adult.
    I don't think you even understood what she was saying. Being "a household name" nowadays is less related to how talented you are as an actor than with how popular you are as a celebrity - that's her point. Also, are you saying that you would take her opinion more seriously if she were better looking?

Junior Poster

Jah said - Leave all judgement unto HIM

SB I don't have any issues with u but take that shitty Puffy avatar off. No BITCHASSNESS isn't even a word. And it's not even funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!