Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbaby
    this doesn't sound like it has in fact passed, just simply "made it out od commitee" or whatever. I pay relatively close attention to politics, and it will be a big fight and ongoing news story for weeks when it comes time to do this. I myself would love to see single payer health care, but it ain't gonna happen, not any time soon. So while this thing kinda sucks, it's a damn sight better than doing nothing.
    That would depend on what they end up designing.

It would actually be fairly easy to make a health care system worse then what we already have.
    Agreed.

Rookie Poster

In my opinion (as a doctor) any form of government healthcare is a huge mistake. It would kill progress in the medical field (the US currently accounts for 90% of the progress in the field due to our free market system). Also, just take a look at the systems in Canada and the UK, if you are being honest with yourself they are terrible. Death due to cancer are through the rough their because people cannot get the care they need and the average wait in an ER in Canada is 23 hours (I man just died recently because he was forced to wait 34 hours in an ER with a serious injury). Our healthcare system needs to be fixed but government intervention is not the solution.

Nothing produced by one man (ex. healthcare) can be the right of another, otherwise you condemn the first man to slave labor.

Quote Originally Posted by UirCelLanAd
    In my opinion (as a doctor) any form of government healthcare is a huge mistake. It would kill progress in the medical field (the US currently accounts for 90% of the progress in the field due to our free market system). Also, just take a look at the systems in Canada and the UK, if you are being honest with yourself they are terrible. Death due to cancer are through the rough their because people cannot get the care they need and the average wait in an ER in Canada is 23 hours (I man just died recently because he was forced to wait 34 hours in an ER with a serious injury). Our healthcare system needs to be fixed but government intervention is not the solution.

Nothing produced by one man (ex. healthcare) can be the right of another, otherwise you condemn the first man to slave labor.
    People die in our hospitals all the time waiting to get into the ER, otherwise I agree with pretty much everything you mention here.

Not only does one-payer aim to stifle competition and medical breakthroughs, but it also risks making socially controversial treatments further out of economic reach.

More then a dozen democrats in congress have already come forward saying that they will REFUSE to vote for any single payer system that allows people to purchase programs that would cover abortions. This is a problem when most people who pay for abortions in the US, do so using private health care networks, insurance options that employers would have less incentive to provide if people could simply use a tax credit to purchase their own policy.

Needless to say, these politicians probably would feel the same way about contraceptives, certain std treatments, and trans health care (while surgeries usually aren't covered, hrt usually is, and therapy frequently is).

In the United States, the gov has never been able to successfully run any kind of health care scheme without somehow trying to play morality enforcement at the same time. Do you want to be able to decide how your health is treated, or do you want government bureaucrats deciding it all for you?

At least private health care providers have no incentive to try to play morality enforcement, they don't give a shit whether or not you want an abortion, and they don't have their employment determined by biased religious nutjobs who would vote them out of office for providing such coverage...

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Veteran Poster

So there should also be no right to food or shelter or education either, as those are produced.

No right to protection under the law, as police protection is a product of men.

No right to legal representation, as legal advise is a product.

Damn, I know a lot of slaves it seems....

Equating a significant base level of health care under government administration to slavery is blatantly misrepresenting the issue. The government is not taking away your product, it is setting limits on what you can market as health care inside it's own boundaries.

We have done this with any number of private services over time when the market causes the service or product to be distributed in a way that becomes damaging to the general welfare. All the services listed above were at one point or another exclusively private enterprises. All of them continue to be private enterprises, though the government has taken over the bulk of the job in some cases.

Folks need to stop equating government entry into the health care field with the demise of private health care or progress.

Just one more nice guy finishing last...

Supply and demand.........

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Well money is technically printed on cotton-So went sent blkhaze into the boonies Lmfao had to...I say they are nitpicking as much money from schools-road reconstruction-etc...

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Veteran Poster

Its all a scam more money being pocketed by the man(pharmicutical fat cats) There will be no improvement and there will never be universal healthcare for all as long as wall street runs america.

I call for experimental drug usage on every politician and member of wallstreet.

Veteran Poster

Lol, guess that was his contribution to the thread, lol

No, nope, never, maybe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Don't be too hard on the doctor, Justwannabe; he's committed to the hypocrite's oath.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.