Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbaby
    Dag! I was hoping for a new freak out, this has been around for a while. Also, there is no left or right. It is an outdated and inaccurate way of looking at issues. It only serves "the man's" drive to keep the populous divided against each other. FOX news is in fact a fascist propoganda outlet. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Agreed 1000%! Ron Paul 2012!

~BB~
    he's making waves again, and people are listening to him...but I'm afraid his age is quite a factor at this point...

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLove
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci
    Quote Originally Posted by raybbaby
    Dag! I was hoping for a new freak out, this has been around for a while. Also, there is no left or right. It is an outdated and inaccurate way of looking at issues. It only serves "the man's" drive to keep the populous divided against each other. FOX news is in fact a fascist propoganda outlet. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Agreed 1000%! Ron Paul 2012!

~BB~
    he's making waves again, and people are listening to him...but I'm afraid his age is quite a factor at this point...
    He has a son who's formed an exploratory committee to run for Senate in KY in 2012 - Rand Paul. Their views are thankfully very similar. If Ron Paul passed away tomorrow there would be literally hundreds of thousands who would take up his mantle.

~BB~

Junior Poster

Piss and moan about how dreadful it is here. Try living in Saudi or Iran....
    and you whine about O'Reily, CNN, MSNBC......................

In case you don't know, women charged with infidelity are thrown in a burlap sack and thrown off a tower to their death. That's just a taste of life outside the US.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cookiepuss
    Piss and moan about how dreadful it is here. Try living in Saudi or Iran....
    and you whine about O'Reily, CNN, MSNBC......................

In case you don't know, women charged with infidelity are thrown in a burlap sack and thrown off a tower to their death. That's just a taste of life outside the US.
    Umm, thing 1, who was pissing and moaning about how awful it is here? Who EVER said they wanted to go try and live in Saudi Arabia or Iran? And where outside of the US are women thrown to their deaths? France, England, India, China, Australia, Botswana? Nice non-post full of non-points. Good thing we have empty headed guardians like you looking out for the rest of us. Your whole post should jusy be summed up like tis, Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer

Junior Poster

And where outside of the US are women thrown to their deaths?

Saudi, fucking dumbass!

Quote Originally Posted by cookiepuss
    And where outside of the US are women thrown to their deaths?

Saudi, fucking dumbass!
    What's that got to do with the price of crude oil on mars?

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Default Bill O'Reilly Flips Out

Quote Originally Posted by DudeLove
    this version is better:

Default Moyers on Murdoch...

BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Moyers on Murdoch | PBS

Junior Poster

It's uncanny how much what trish said is what I was thinking of saying. I agree completely with her.

O'Reilly was one of the pioneers of opinion-oriented TV news shows. Even a liberal like me admits he's very good at it. I try to watch O'Reilly to understand the conservative angle, but it's frustrating because there is little depth to the discussions. Guests who disagree with him have a hard time because O'Reilly is perfect for that show's format -- quick-thinking, well-prepared, intimidating, and bullying. He attacks using simple ideas that can be expessed in few words -- a "sound-bite" style -- and he supresses in-depth discussion by giving his guests little time to respond, the excuse being the constraint of a TV format. I find especially funny like how he ends an interview often by saying "I'll give you the last word" and then shouts down his guest and interjects his opinions anyway. It's amusing to imagine arguing with him, but you'd better have a good skill at that discussion format. He certainly does.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrF
    It's uncanny how much what trish said is what I was thinking of saying. I agree completely with her.

O'Reilly was one of the pioneers of opinion-oriented TV news shows. Even a liberal like me admits he's very good at it. I try to watch O'Reilly to understand the conservative angle, but it's frustrating because there is little depth to the discussions. Guests who disagree with him have a hard time because O'Reilly is perfect for that show's format -- quick-thinking, well-prepared, intimidating, and bullying. He attacks using simple ideas that can be expessed in few words -- a "sound-bite" style -- and he supresses in-depth discussion by giving his guests little time to respond, the excuse being the constraint of a TV format. I find especially funny like how he ends an interview often by saying "I'll give you the last word" and then shouts down his guest and interjects his opinions anyway. It's amusing to imagine arguing with him, but you'd better have a good skill at that discussion format. He certainly does.
    shouting down or over someone, bullying and then finally editing out any valid points that have been made hardly constitutes a "discussion format" Bullying is not in fact a skill. O'Reilly is not in fact a conservative. Just a self important blowhard trying to whip up outrage and enflame the divisions in the American populous. Fucking A scumbag.

Every moment of one's existence one is growing into more or retreating into less.—Norman Mailer