Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

ts's = gay= they are men

we all know that. If we deny it we are decieving ourselves.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I was born ignorant. Was it deceptive of me to go to school and try to learn? I was born naked. Is it deceitful to wear clothes? I was born a woman. Is it immoral to do what I can to have my body conform to my image of myself as a woman? I think the answer is "No" to all these questions.

Is it deceitful for a human being to lead another on and lie about themselves? Yes. Full disclosure before things get out of hand is my motto.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Is it deception?

Quote Originally Posted by geddajae
    First post here. I've been having some thoughts about something and wouldn't mind the view of others.

I believe we all wear masks and that the real experience begins once it's no longer objective, some come out of the factory absolutely stunning while some come out a little flawed needing a little tweaking before becoming gorgeous.

My question is, do you find plastic surgery deceptive? If you met someone whom you were attracted to and later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived? What would your initial response be?

Some women wear clothing to make it look like they have more than what they actually have is a little deceptive but still are allowed to do so without heavy critique. But when it comes to cosmetic surgery it becomes a war of morals.
    No, I think we do what we can with what we've got. Would you find a woman who EXERCISES 'deceptive' since she doesn't have a metabolism where she can have three pizzas a day and not gain a pound?

these are just my personal feelings and at the end of the day everyone should be free to do what they want with their bodies without scrutiny from stangers.
    BUT...
    I think plastic surgery is OK for middle aged people trying to achieve a more youthful appearance and women augmenting thier breast size. The problem is people become obsessed, and a 60 year old can never look 40. (e.g. Joan Rivers)

It's a crisis when people have deep seated self-image problems and use endless surgeries to treat their body dysmorphic disorder. I wish plastic surgeons were more sensitive to these people's needs and steer them into counseling instead of just doing the procedures. But surgeons get paid to surg, so that won't ever happen

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Plastic surgery a la The King of Pop = BAD

If someone goes in realizing that plastic surgery isn't some magical formula that will miraculously change who you are fundamentally, I don't have a problem with it.

Most TGs are only attempting to have their outside somewhat match who they are emotionally and psychologically.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indeed
    ts's = gay= they are men

we all know that. If we deny it we are decieving ourselves.
    Anal sex = gay
    woman on top = gay
    proctological exam = gay
    men wearing jewelry = gay
    greco roman wrestling = gay
    men who shave body hair = gay
    male ballet dancers = gay
    male nurses = gay
    Male hugs = gay

Professional Poster

Of course it's deceptive! Everything women do to get a man is deceptive. And men get deceived on a daily basis. Whether it's the weave or the nails or the green contact lenses. Men are simpletons and we get duped by shiny things when it comes to women! All that glitters...

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

Thanks for the replies, first let me clarify I have nothing wrong with a person getting cosmetic surgery. I'm just asking how do you feel about it. I noticed a lot of people are going with the perspective of a woman getting cosmetic surgery but I mean guys too, maybe that hook nose needed a little molding.

About the baby comment, that's one thing I consider harshly. I wonder how would that turn out?

Veteran Poster

I don't think it is deceptive at all. We all do things to shape the way the world sees us. We shape our bodies and our lives in countless ways to conform with ideals, some do it consciously some unconsciously but, we all do it. From the clothes we buy and cars we drive to where we choose to live and with whom we associate. Working out at the gym and overeating are two way that we alter our bodies as are tattoos and piercings. Our entire lives are contrived by us. The only deception is when we deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by daleach
    I don't think it is deceptive at all. We all do things to shape the way the world sees us. We shape our bodies and our lives in countless ways to conform with ideals, some do it consciously some some unconsciously but, we all do it. From the clothes we buy and cars we drive to where we choose to live and with whom we associate. Working out at the gym and overeating are two way that we alter our bodies as are tattoos and piercings. Our entire lives are contrived by us. The only deception is when we deny that.
    Bravo! Couldn't agree more!