Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it deception?

First post here. I've been having some thoughts about something and wouldn't mind the view of others.

I believe we all wear masks and that the real experience begins once it's no longer objective, some come out of the factory absolutely stunning while some come out a little flawed needing a little tweaking before becoming gorgeous.

My question is, do you find plastic surgery deceptive? If you met someone whom you were attracted to and later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived? What would your initial response be?

Some women wear clothing to make it look like they have more than what they actually have is a little deceptive but still are allowed to do so without heavy critique. But when it comes to cosmetic surgery it becomes a war of morals.

Senior Member Junior Poster kalina's Avatar

Default Re: Is it deception?

Quote Originally Posted by geddajae
    My question is, do you find plastic surgery deceptive? If you met someone whom you were attracted to and later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived? What would your initial response be?
    It only becomes deceptive when you want to have babies with them

Some women wear clothing to make it look like they have more than what they actually have is a little deceptive but still are allowed to do so without heavy critique. But when it comes to cosmetic surgery it becomes a war of morals.
    It does?

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

First post here. I've been having some thoughts about something and wouldn't mind the view of others.

I believe we all wear masks and that the real experience begins once it's no longer objective, some come out of the factory absolutely stunning while some come out a little flawed needing a little tweaking before becoming gorgeous.

This is weird. Some people endanger themselves with too many cosmetic procedures, but you seem to have a problem with any.

"...later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived"? "War of morals"? "Allowed to do so without heavy critique"?

I think you are describing a guy who is ultimately a very thin-skinned and controlling man. And any guy who would feel so cheated is entirely self-focused and denominating the relationship using only her physical assets.

Other people's lives and personal choices are not about you, your superficiality or your morals.

Quote Originally Posted by phobun

This is weird. Some people endanger themselves with too many cosmetic procedures, but you seem to have a problem with any.

"...later found out that they had a little work done to themselves, would you feel deceived"? "War of morals"? "Allowed to do so without heavy critique"?

I think you are describing a guy who is ultimately a very thin-skinned and controlling man. And any guy who would feel so cheated is entirely self-focused and denominating the relationship using only her physical assets.

Other people's lives and personal choices are not about you, your superficiality or your morals.
    You should back off phobun, you are being more judgmental than the OP, who was just stating his opinion. Of course everyone is free to do to their own body whatever they please (or they would be in a perfect society). I personally wouldn't date someone who had had plastic surgery and that is my prerogative.

Professional Poster

Well it depends if its a one time only thing then who cares but if its more than one surgery then I think there are deeper problems than physical features and wont stay too long. Most women that I seen had plastic surgery looked a lot better before being worked on with very few exceptions. If I was in a serious relationship then I would only accept a boob job or ass implants because some women really are depressed that they didn't blossom more but anything else IMO is just shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by dgs925
    Quote Originally Posted by phobun

You should back off phobun, you are being more judgmental than the OP, who was just stating his opinion. Of course everyone is free to do to their own body whatever they please (or they would be in a perfect society). I personally wouldn't date someone who had had plastic surgery and that is my prerogative.
    It's your prerogative, that's fine. It's another thing to feel cheated just because a date did not wear her personal medical history on a badge when you first met her. If a GG had had an abortion in the past, some men might not feel comfortable seeing her anymore. These sort of revelations involving past indiscretions or other very personal choices are not all that uncommon as a relationship progresses; there are mature ways of handling such information without taking personal affront and feeling "deceived."

Quote Originally Posted by 62des
    Well it depends if its a one time only thing then who cares but if its more than one surgery then I think there are deeper problems than physical features and wont stay too long. Most women that I seen had plastic surgery looked a lot better before being worked on with very few exceptions. If I was in a serious relationship then I would only accept a boob job or ass implants because some women really are depressed that they didn't blossom more but anything else IMO is just shallow.
    Breast implants have a lifespan of 15-25 years depending on brand, type, etc- so if a girl gets them done at 18, you can bet on her needing multiple surgeries in her life just for her tits.

Just having a long list of surgeries doesn't, in itself, make someone look "over surged" or having deep rooted psychological problems. All depends on circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by dgs925
    How would you know unless the girl looks plastic/fake?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by 62des
    Breast implants have a lifespan of 15-25 years depending on brand, type, etc- so if a girl gets them done at 18, you can bet on her needing multiple surgeries in her life just for her tits.

Just having a long list of surgeries doesn't, in itself, make someone look "over surged" or having deep rooted psychological problems. All depends on circumstance.
    I understand that part of it also. I know they have to keep getting them redone but multiple surgeries in different areas is a big no no for me that's when it start to get superficial.