Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Poster

I agree. I have never been disgusted by a film before in terms of quality .But that changed when I saw the remake of 'get carter'. They destroyed what was a cult British classic. They chose slyvester stallone of all people be play Jack Carter. Of all people Sly... In the original Michael Caine played jack. Sly while he is great for playing brain damaged boxers and one man armies is not the best person to play a psychopathic highly intelligent gangster who had no soft touchy feely side,which stallone tried to put into a film to appeal to more sentimental american audiences.

The orginal was set in a tough gritty northern English town, The remake was in seattle USA. In my opinion it was also this that gutted that film.

To be honest Hollywood does seem like it is drying out of ideas. Not much is made now that appeals to me. I think the last film I saw made by hollywood which I thought was good was 'American Gangster' . I think Hollywood do better to make more action films and find stallone and Arnie replacements.

Many of my mates are still watching old classics such as Rocky and commando. They were tacky yes but they provided spinchter tightenining entertainment. I also think they could maybe do some more WW2 movies but make them more about various personalities and hero's , I was reading the biography of an amazing soldier called Paddy Mayne and it was so mindblowing to read he could be made into a film himself. The Americans would love him, he was Northern Irish (the Yanks do love the irish) ,extremely physically strong a heavy drinker with a quick temper who was thrown in jail for attacking a senior officer , a man who's exploits in war made him one of the highest decorated British officers of ww2, rumoured to be homosexual, and had a tragic end, survived the war but died in a car crash drunk because the Police were worried he would kill them with his bare hands so were afraid to pull him out.

Junior Poster

The new Robocop will not be a remake