Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Reading other threads...Recession.

who seriously believes we are still in a slump?
    Personally I think people who did lose their jobs who are so said(looking) arent looking for jobs persay-more like Pay^
    hence not getting a job...
    Just go to Yahoo and search Yahoo hotjobs-No matter where you live in the continental US you will be sure to find over 500 listings....Like I said people arent looking for the right now job they are looking for the job with the most pay.

Add opinions as you wish.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

I'll agree with that to a point. There are a few situations that would make that more likely.

i.e. if you get laid off but know your company will hire you back once things get better, it may be in your best interest to just wait on unemployment for it to blow over.

or

if you can't find a job that pays what your old one did, you might be better off collecting unemployment instead of a min wage job that pays a lot less.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    I'll agree with that to a point. There are a few situations that would make that more likely.

i.e. if you get laid off but know your company will hire you back once things get better, it may be in your best interest to just wait on unemployment for it to blow over.

or

if you can't find a job that pays what your old one did, you might be better off collecting unemployment instead of a min wage job that pays a lot less.
    imo-Ill take the risk of having the low paying job..taking unemployment checks look bad-to me at least-shows no inniative to work.just slummin by.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

i see help wanted signs everywhere i drive...... folks want that 50k & up salary so they claim recession because the media says we're in one

i do believe companies are holding back but i also believe if the media didn't say recession every day things would go back to normal..........well as normal as things can be

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

Yes, we're in a recession, but a recession is a syndrome, like that other 4 letter thing everyone's afraid of. You have to look at alot of other conditions, them some official has to declare "recession"!
    They say unemployment JUST hit it's highest in 26 years, which means I lived during worse unemployment and didn't notice it. I know many people who have been AFFECTED, none who have lost their jobs.
    I think the media makes things worse. Some people won't look for a job because the media says there aren't any. And yes of course some are too proud to work for less than they were making.
    Recessions are part of our economic cycle, and a good way to humble people who get caught up in their own greed and self appreciation. So just deal with it.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

stillies77

I graduated from college in 2007 and still cant find a job where they want my degree...so I got whatever I could. Thats half the problem...people want the dream job with ideal situations and you cant always have that.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    I graduated from college in 2007 and still cant find a job where they want my degree...so I got whatever I could. Thats half the problem...people want the dream job with ideal situations and you cant always have that.
    but Stillz, you graduated from college

that in itself is an accomplishment no matter what you majored in: kudos to you

alot of these people i see on t.v. complaining about losing their jobs are not college grads, very rarely do I see a college grad on Suzy Orman or CNBC/CNN saying they lost their job and don't know what they're going to do......

the media is mess causing a panic

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

stillies77

Thanks a lot man...and yeah I totally agree with everything you said.

Professional Poster

You have economies like Detroit,14% unemployment, where people have depended on one industry and have become spoiled and disillusioned. Those people have very few marketable skills and are used to making alot of money, for what the average person would call very little work. When they step outside of the auto industry and see what a janitor elsewhere makes compared to a janitor at GM, they're like "no way I'm working for that". Dude you've been working in a vacuum. Most of the country doesn't make that kind of money for what you do.

"I don't see it that way. I see it as a complete and total betrayal of my testicles!"

The Economy sucks.