Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt
    I think its all this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc. Give me a choice between a modern airliner and a clapped out Douglas DC-3 with an experienced pilot, I'd choose the latter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_DC-3

The suits at Airbus determined it is much cheaper to have computers fly the planes then training the pilots.

Money talks, and death walks.

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

"this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc"

Just about all military jets and even helicopters are fly by wire. And considering they have ppl shooting at them and doing high G manouvers, they have an outstanding safety record.

AN aircraft like an mechanical vehicle is as safe as the person controlling it and how well it is maintained.

If we pulled forms of transporation from service simply becuase of crashes, there would be no auto industry.

Try looking up those stats - how many ppl are killed on the roads each year? And you're saying airplanes are not safe?

I'm not too big on the idea of flying anyway. If you're in a car crash, you'll usually survive. You may have to be cut out of your car, but you'll usually survive. Whereas most (nearly all) plane crashes are fatal.

Just because I'm telling you this story doesn't mean that I'm alive at the end of it.

Most of my pilot friends and lovers told me Airbus is much much safe and better than Boeing

5 Star Poster

Default Re: PLEASE, PLEASE , DO NOT FLY ON AIRBUS !

Quote Originally Posted by envivision
    Another Airbus just crashed moments ago over the Indian Ocean.

Please, don't risk your lives flying these pieces of shit.

Jesus and I love you.
    statistics show that much more poeple get killed in car accidents than air crashes .

please don't risk your life driving these pieces of shit

and tell Jesus we love him too

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by envivision
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt
    I think its all this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc. Give me a choice between a modern airliner and a clapped out Douglas DC-3 with an experienced pilot, I'd choose the latter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_DC-3

The suits at Airbus determined it is much cheaper to have computers fly the planes then training the pilots.

Money talks, and death walks.
    You describe our world.

Quote Originally Posted by tao1kiku
    "this fly-by-wire shite, where the pilot doesn't have direct control over the ailerons, rudder etc"

Just about all military jets and even helicopters are fly by wire. And considering they have ppl shooting at them and doing high G manouvers, they have an outstanding safety record.

AN aircraft like an mechanical vehicle is as safe as the person controlling it and how well it is maintained.

If we pulled forms of transporation from service simply becuase of crashes, there would be no auto industry.

Try looking up those stats - how many ppl are killed on the roads each year? And you're saying airplanes are not safe?
    fly by wire is a car technology taken for precision
    Drive by wire been around since mid 90's in few select cars. Where the throttle is controlled by a computer-same concept...

but he main reason the plane went down.... The weather conditions were rough; strong wind and high seas," official Mohammad al-Sumairi told Reuters news agency.

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Quote Originally Posted by alyssats
    Most of my pilot friends and lovers told me Airbus is much much safe and better than Boeing
    Boeings are amazing my friend works for them-firstly his pay is amazing dude has 3 beemers and a maz....Plus free flying -_-

Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

The problem with Airbus is that it's French.

Fork 'andles