Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R
    You mean Vitiligo?

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    (i.e. the autoimmune condition which caused his skin to radically lightened.)
    You mean bleach?
    Vitiligo? That wouldn't turn his entire body that white. Vitiligo is a condition of localized patches without pigment.
    One way to treat vitiligo is to graft skin in order to make the tone more even. If the vitiligo was strong enough to make so much skin white, it would make sense to just go white. This grafting of skin would explain all of his plastic surgery, his need for pain pills, and his appearance. An autoimune disease causing it would explain the persistence of the lightening. The severity of the autoimune disease would explain why he was so sickly (like an aids patient but without HIV. But in his case his immune system is attacking him), and why he had the voice of a male messo soprano.

Riccardo Muti maestro of Rome's symphony makes the same observation.
    This is a google translation of the page.

Come Farinelli e altri interpreti
    del barocco: vittima di eccessi»
    «La sua irrequietezza mi fa pensare alle vicende dei grandi castrati

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nautica
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme_mediocre
    Interesting topic, Nautica.
    I'm interested in finding out who this person is.
    Meanwhile......

LOL! Just.. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was clear with my posting. This thread has gone from cutting off balls to bleaching with benoquin or monobenzone.

It's so easy to start a new post for that other stuff.
    I honestly thought you were talking about Michael. Sorry.

Way to hijack Nautica's thread Hontas.

One way to treat vitiligo is to graft skin in order to make the tone more even. If the vitiligo was strong enough to make so much skin white, it would make sense to just go white. This grafting of skin would explain all of his plastic surgery, his need for pain pills, and his appearance. An autoimune disease causing it would explain the persistence of the lightening. The severity of the autoimune disease would explain why he was so sickly (like an aids patient but without HIV. But in his case his immune system is attacking him), and why he had the voice of a male messo soprano.

Riccardo Muti maestro of Rome's symphony makes the same observation.
    This is a google translation of the page.

Come Farinelli e altri interpreti
    del barocco: vittima di eccessi»
    «La sua irrequietezza mi fa pensare alle vicende dei grandi castrati

I honestly thought you were talking about Michael. Sorry.
    Uh? It was clear from the start that the was talking about an MJ imitator.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    you guys would drool over Klinger as long as he was in a dress.

No what Tiny Tim sang was falsetto. ( . Compare that to falsetto Tiny Tim who more or less whines a single high note. Michael was a Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano all his life. That doesn't just happen.
    Sorry, you're wrong.

Falsetto is produced by the maximal elongation of vocal cords with minimal glottic gap. It can be produced at almost any frequency, but is mostly produced in the upper range for both male and female voices. Originally castrati (castrated males) sang the higher parts when women were not allowed to sing in churches; castrati have unbroken voices. Falsetto, meaning "false voice" was so named when uncastrated men were used to sing these parts.

Jackson was NOT a "Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano," ever.That would have been impossible, since he was a man, and these are uniquely female voices.

Technically speaking, Michael Jackson, along with many other male singers, eg Robert Plant and Meatloaf, was a countertenor. This is a male voice which occupies the tonal range of the female contralto, up to soprano. It became popular in the 17th century, as the practise of cutting off little boy's bollocks to make the castrati, ran into problems. (Although castrati did exist in the 19th C)

Countertenors use the falsetto for the upper part of their range at least, although they may use chest voice for the lower register--the trick being, then, the modulation between the two, without yodelling. More difficult than it sounds.

Some people speak in falsetto all the time (as well as sing) and it accounts for a certain thin, reedy quality in the spoken voice, which is not always obvious in the singing voice, where the singer is applying more breath control. MJ's spoken voice exhibited these qualities.

Falsetto is widely used in both classical and popular music and to write it off as being "what Tiny Tim did," is BS. Sorry, typical.

Sorry, Nautica, I got drawn into Brenda's BS. My apologies.

Default Re: Michael Jackson dancer turned Post Op

Quote Originally Posted by Nautica
    Um.. Please save your ^&*%, worthless comments.

Anyone have info on the Michael Jackson dancer from 'Beat It or Bad' who was on the Oprah Winfrey Show (Late 80's or early 90's I think) that had the sex change? I have googled my azz off. I was a baby, but I remember that show and can't believe google isn't showing anything on it. Strangely enough, I was going to ask this a few days before M.J. passed away.
    Maybe this is a different case, but the male dancer in Pebbles video "Mercedes Boy" became a mtf. He's the only male in the video.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...des-boy_school

Apparently, he was in a Janet Jackson video, "What Have You Done for Me Lately". He also danced with Janet at the 1988 AMA Awards show. And he posed for Playgirl Magazine (as a male) in 1992.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f4/rudy...-change-88452/

This a blog discussion about it. I do remember seeing the transitioned dancer on Sally Jesse Raphael's show, also. Apparently there was also a rumor that the dancer had died of AIDS. However, someone posted this reply from YouTube about the dancer. She referred to herself as "Lana Rudi"

LanaRudi
    View profile
    More options Sep 21 2008, 1:23 pm
    Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
    Local: Sun, Sep 21 2008 1:23 pm
    Subject: Janet Jackson's Dancer"Rudy Houston"is alive
    Forward | Print | Individual message | Report this message | Find messages by this author

There have been many rumors about the dancer "Rudy Huston" in
    "Pebbel's", music video, and "Janet Jacksons"Music videos from the
    80's,and 90's as being dead from aids.Well i would like to put
    these rumors to rest.For i am the dancer in those music videos
    formerly known as Rudy Huston.I now am known as" Lana".l
    appreciate all thoughs concerned about me, and i appreciate
    your interest in my where abouts.Yes it is true that i have
    transitioned from male to female.I begain my transition from
    male to female in 1995.I needed time away from the
    entertainment industry to find my inner peace, and to embark on my
    intense, and wonderful journey to womanhood.I am finnally at peace ,
    and comfortable in my skin.I am currently residing in LA where i
    work as an artist painting portraits, and abstracts.Although i took
    a break from show business, i am contemplating on coming back.I
    have in the maket of looking for songwriter/muisic producers to
    colaborate with.Again, thanks to all those concerned about my
    where abouts.I'm back from the "Dead"
    Sincerely,
    LANA (aka)Rudy Huston

Here's a funny bit of trivia; a NYC fixture, who uses the name "Ashley Revlon" said that she was on that Sally show with Lana.

You know, I really REALLYYYYYYY try to refrain from being a BITCH on these boards. Some of these....
    Ooooooo....... I had to delete some of what I just typed.

**Pebbles is so lovely. I'm going to look that up Yodajazz.** But, I'll leave this thread to the HI-JACKER and it's FOLLOWERS and start a new post on the original subject.

Don't Compete. CREATE!- Earl Nightingale ... YOU are responsible for YOUR life. Change what you don't like. Stay away from the news and people who hate life.

Anyone who has been on the receiving end of MJ'S rare angry moments will gladly tell you his voice dropped down lower than his fathers.. Apparently the change from angry to calm is like Hulk turned to PeterPan.

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by jcinva
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009AD
    ps: HA is not the place to look for love, I'm sure you know that, just wanted to remind you.
    WHAT?! You mean you're all just wasting my time?!!

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R
    You mean Vitiligo?

(i.e. the autoimmune condition which caused his skin to radically lightened.)
    You mean bleach?

Vitiligo? That wouldn't turn his entire body that white. Vitiligo is a condition of localized patches without pigment.
    true