Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Gold Poster

Default questions and answers

Jackson did have some Vitiligo spots

he had many spots on his skin even as a child

what he had a doctor do was give him a skin bleach to even his skin tone out

RUMOR

A MEMBER OF SHALAMAR hangs aroud sometime where the TS are in hollywood. I think tJATS WHY THIS RUMOR IS GOING AROUND

SHALAMAR
    http://www.jeffreydaniel.com/

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG

No what Tiny Tim sang was falsetto. ( . Compare that to falsetto Tiny Tim who more or less whines a single high note. Michael was a Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano all his life. That doesn't just happen.
    Sorry, you're wrong.

Falsetto is produced by the maximal elongation of vocal cords with minimal glottic gap. It can be produced at almost any frequency, but is mostly produced in the upper range for both male and female voices. Originally castrati (castrated males) sang the higher parts when women were not allowed to sing in churches; castrati have unbroken voices. Falsetto, meaning "false voice" was so named when uncastrated men were used to sing these parts.

Jackson was NOT a "Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano," ever.That would have been impossible, since he was a man, and these are uniquely female voices.
    Your two paragraphs above are self contradictory. First you say that the mezzo soprano voice can be induced in a male via castration, then you call it uniquely female.

Besides. There are quite a few people who agree with me his voice was in the style of a castrato not a counter tenor. (See Google news on the subject, Or more specifically Maestro Ricardo Muti You may well know more about music than me...but I doubt you know more about music than him.)Inspite of a trival spelling error here and there I do know of what I speak.

As for his voice dropping when angry the Legendary castrato Farinelli had a range of 3 1/2 octaves from C3 (131 Hz) to D6 (1175 Hz). Being a castrato would not mean you could not acess the lower tones.

Michael would be aware of the mental effect speaking in a low voice could have. So he could use it to add weight to his protestations, and emphasis that he was at the end of the day paying the cost to be the boss.

I have also dug up this source, it is a Michael Jackson fan board populated by people who also know a thing or two about music, they cite various sources which give his vocal range as from 3.6 (ca 1983) to four octaves. Like Farinelli he gained range as he grew older, gaining lower notes, while not loosing the higher ones.

IMHO That is way more than a mere coincidence.

While I don't think Joe Jackson would castrate his son, and that this would be due to a natural cause... OTOH he is a guy who talked about his record label when he should be grieving.

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach

No what Tiny Tim sang was falsetto. ( . Compare that to falsetto Tiny Tim who more or less whines a single high note. Michael was a Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano all his life. That doesn't just happen.
    Sorry, you're wrong.

Falsetto is produced by the maximal elongation of vocal cords with minimal glottic gap. It can be produced at almost any frequency, but is mostly produced in the upper range for both male and female voices. Originally castrati (castrated males) sang the higher parts when women were not allowed to sing in churches; castrati have unbroken voices. Falsetto, meaning "false voice" was so named when uncastrated men were used to sing these parts.

Jackson was NOT a "Soprano or Messo (sic) Soprano," ever.That would have been impossible, since he was a man, and these are uniquely female voices.
    Your two paragraphs above are self contradictory. First you say that the mezzo soprano voice can be induced in a male via castration, then you call it uniquely female.
    No, I did not say anything even vaguely resembling that. You need to sharpen your reading and comprehension skills.

Besides. There are quite a few people who agree with me his voice was in the style of a castrato not a counter tenor.

(See Google news on the subject, Or more specifically Maestro Ricardo Muti You may well know more about music than me...but I doubt you know more about music than him.)Inspite of a trival spelling error here and there I do know of what I speak.
    Well, this is what Muti actually said:

"He is, without a doubt, one of the most legendary, controversial and beloved singers of all time," said Muti. "His controversial story, his weaknesses, [his] restlessness and exhausted final days remind me of the lives of the great castrati like Caffarelli or Farinelli, who [also] became objects of adoration and idolatry. And they often became victims of this adoration."

Muti is clearly referring to MJ's lifestyle and not to his bollocks. As usual, traduction, misinformation and the repetition of miscomprehension, is your stock in trade.

I have also dug up this source, it is a Michael Jackson fan board populated by people who also know a thing or two about music, they cite various sources which give his vocal range as from 3.6 (ca 1983) to four octaves. Like Farinelli he gained range as he grew older, gaining lower notes, while not loosing the higher ones.
    This source? As in 'This guy?'

IMHO That is way more than a mere coincidence.
    Why does that not surprise me?

While I don't think Joe Jackson would castrate his son, and that this would be due to a natural cause... OTOH he is a guy who talked about his record label when he should be grieving.
    Yes folks, we are witnessing the birth of yet another conspiracy theory, destined to be promoted by the weakminded for years.

Whatever. It's BS

His voice was NOTHING like a castrato, hell by that logic, Coldplay's lead would be a castrato...

Oh and CASTRATO DONT GET FACIAL HAIR...

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.